Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will this new skin only have a vertical menu style instead of horizontal like confluence? I can't quite understand from the screenshots and I'm not running Krypton to make a test install.
(2016-03-02, 10:35)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Will this new skin only have a vertical menu style instead of horizontal like confluence? I can't quite understand from the screenshots and I'm not running Krypton to make a test install.

Yes, only the left-hand-side vertical menu.
Ok thank you. Initially I would say that's a pity, but better that I reserve judgement until I actually see it in use. Maybe it will be better Smile
nice skin, completely different from Confluence more like STB frontend
This is now merged in the latest nightlies.

I still think the Add-on and pictures fanart could be improved. Feel free to post any suggestions here for replacements. Images must be licensed appropriately.
(2016-03-02, 02:38)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-02, 02:37)RMP888 Wrote: [ -> ]it would be much appreciated if someone could elaborate on the changes to how "favorites" functionality will be handled?

Exactly as before? You add favourites via the context menu, and you can see them via some button on main menu. (star, bottom left)

thanks for the quick reply and great work. I would like to suggest that the prominence of "favorites" is re considered such that its profile is raised in some manner. Favorites are typically priorities [family priorities] that people go to first; hence favourites become important. It is not ideal when favorites are positioned beyond and next to the power / exit icon.
(2016-03-02, 13:11)RMP888 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-02, 02:38)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-02, 02:37)RMP888 Wrote: [ -> ]it would be much appreciated if someone could elaborate on the changes to how "favorites" functionality will be handled?

Exactly as before? You add favourites via the context menu, and you can see them via some button on main menu. (star, bottom left)

thanks for the quick reply and great work. I would like to suggest that the prominence of "favorites" is re considered such that its profile is raised in some manner. Favorites are typically priorities [family priorities] that people go to first; hence favourites become important. It is not ideal when favorites are positioned beyond and next to the power / exit icon.

Possibly for your family, but it's the first time I've read them described in this way.
wow thanks for the fast replies - here is an old 2014 thread that might help "Confluence - Move favourites to menu bar" http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194521
Thanks for everyone involved. Looks frigging awesome and can't wait to test it.

Ronie, this is a tough contender for your transparency skin that I've been using for years.
(2016-03-02, 14:48)DarkHelmet Wrote: [ -> ]Ronie, this is a tough contender for your transparency skin that I've been using for years.

Estuary is a giant piece of crap.
(2016-03-02, 14:49)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-02, 14:48)DarkHelmet Wrote: [ -> ]Ronie, this is a tough contender for your transparency skin that I've been using for years.

Estuary is a giant piece of crap.

Tongue
Love it... can't wait to try on new Pi3 Smile.
Great skin a giant leap forward.
I still have a view improvement points to propose:

- For new users the content menu is hard to discover it would be great if the use hovers over a item that a content menu button would show at right or left.
- Item on the main screen are missing the info and content menu options.
- In the subtitle browser there is no button to add additional subtitle add-ons.
- Music lyrics does not feel as integrated into the skin as for example the subtitle functionality.
- In most add-on I miss the option to view its content in different views.
- In the home screen I miss the play, stop, forward and backward buttons at the bottom I now only see the full screen button.
- I hate the rss feed could it be disabled by default.
- I also hate the menu sounds can it also be disabled by default.
- I have movies and tv shows why is an additional video node needed can it's functionality be integrate into movies and tv shows.
Disclaimer - I haven't used this yet, just read the thread and looked at the pretty pictures.
On that basis:
It looks like a giant leap into the future in aesthetics from confluence. All looks pretty good to me.
But...
If there were limited options for customization - eg setting favourites / video-nodes / playlists in menus / sub-menus then (imo) it would be a leap forward in terms of functionality. It always seemed a shame to me that you had to switch skins to be able to make the home page your own.
Congratulations! The skin looks nice.

What is missing is the ability to add shortcuts for addons to the Home screen for quick access, like it is done in Confluence.