Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Link videos in Favorites to database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing with skins recently and though to add the length of videos (ie. Show the duration at the end of the line) in the Favorites dialog from the home page but it turns out that is not possible.

I had assumed that Favorites worked by flagging items in the database.. but a little digging shows that the favs are written to an external XML file containing very limited information.
I guess this is done as otherwise favorites could not easily be different on each instance of KODI using a shared database such as MySQL.

It would be great if in the Favorites context menu there was a "Show Info" option (just like in the normal file lists) to pull up the info dialog for that video but that is not possible with the current way favorites works.

Could favorites be improved so that:

Skins have the option to show more info than just the name (eg. Rating, Duration etc.)
Context menu actions the same as from file lists (ie. RESUME from previous spot in video, show video INFO etc.)