Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin Suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh great hive mind...

I feel like I've tried most skins, but there's one thing that keeps me coming back to Confluence - and, with the change of skin come Kodi 17, I guess I may need a plan B.

I dislike that all skins I've tried use series thumbnails for recent episodes instead of episode images (or, at least, that's my memory). This is confusing to my mind, as if you record or rip multiple episodes in one go then they all look alike - particularly an issue for the kids.

Do any skins replicate Confluence's episode image style in recently added? Or can be modified to do so? How about the new skin (Estuary, I think - or "Esch'ree", as it'd be pronounced in the parts of this island closest to the mainland)?

(I'm on fairly low-powered hardware, which may be an issue with some skins, but I'll cross that bridge if and when I come to it).

Thanks...
Estuary uses the screenshot thumb for episodes. AFAIK that always works except if you have multi-episode files using episode bookmarks, the thumb is for the whole file, and episode thumbs only are shown in the bookmarks window (Kodi limitation).

scott s.
Thanks for that - that looks promising, so maybe the shift of skin in c. 6 months won't be disaster. I can check things out as they develop.

Any current (16+) skin suggestions from others still gratefully received.
Xonfluence - it's a confluence mod (basically updated CCM). Runs fine on my pi's with whistles and bells turned off.