Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Renamed TV Shows not appearing when scanning for new content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

After some time using Kodi, I decided to tackle some TV shows (specially for kids) that where not appearing on the library. I checked:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Incorrect_and_missing_videos
and
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

and in most cases, the shows were not named correctly (missing season). So I rename the filenames, and try to rescan the folder for new content, but no new shows appeared in the librery. I tried to rescan the whole source, or the specific folder of the TV show, but with little success. I also tried to delete nfo files, but again with no lack. Then I tried to remove the source and delete its contents from the librery when asked, and later re-add the source. With that, the renamed TV shows do appeared in the library...

It is just that it seems to me that I doing something wrong, because probably deleting the whole source is not necessary after correcting the filenames of a just one TV show, but I'm not being able to do it in another way.

Am I correct? is there another way of finding renamed TV shows?

Thanks in advance
Go to your show that you updated. Bring up info and choose reload/refresh info. That should do the trick. Please let us know your outcome!
I tried again your option, and it was successful. On previous attempts it had not worked, but it was just in appearance:
- One show seemed to not recognizing renamed files because theTVDB was recognizing the show as another one similar that have less episodes by season
- Another one was my mistake, I renamed the files to 1x15, 1x16, etc... when the last episode of season one was 1x14. Renamed to 2x01 and it worked.
I was confused because in one of my attempts I deleted the source and added it again, and it seemed to work, but it was because the filenames were correctly renamed that time.

So Kodi worked right all the time. Sorry for the incoveniences and thanks for the help.
Glad it worked out for you! Yeah, first problem you have with something not showing up, check the naming!