Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi v16.0 please bring back video settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Edit I'm sorry this is my first post I thought it was going to post saying feature request if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move this post I have no clue how to move this feature request sorry if I made a mistake

Hi guys i love everything about kodi but really miss this feature anyone else out there miss the video settings contrast and brightness in the video settings when playing videos TV shows and movies
( when you hit the video reel ) I have a older laptop that has a dark display and I liked the fact that with these two settings I had a way to make anything I was watching look much brighter but since kodi version 16.0 this feature was removed let's get some +1 replys to this request we may just get this put back in a future version ? thanks kodi devs for all that you do and for all the time you guys put into making kodi even better with every version you put out you and kodi are awesome thanks again
it wasn't removed ...
Although I've never used them, I also can't seem to find them in the current v16 builds either (I do see many screenshots online from earlier versions that show those controls).

Seems it was removed: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=170911

In most cases, people should really be adjusting that at their TV, but if your laptop is at full brightness already I'm not sure what you could do.
From what I've been told, the controls only show up if the way the video is played allows for it. Certain hardware video decoding options, along with certain video types (or something like that), sometimes means the option is or isn't there. I think the perfect thing in the future would be to not actually hide such controls, because then people think they're missing, but instead have some kind of indicator that expresses the feature isn't an option. Sort of like when you try to change the volume or whatever on some devices that are "locked" and they make a little "nope" sound or animation. However, I think that would need a new feature from Kodi to be possible.

I have no idea if what I just wrote makes any sense... going to bed now... so sleepy.
That's a good idea. Maybe have the control 'greyed' out instead of hiding them.

Same way the Theme and Color menus work in Settings:

Yeah, and to make it perfect it would also need some additional indicator to let the user know why it can't be selected. Maybe a settings description box like the normal settings have.
The settings are there on my Windows 7 / Kodi 16.0 installation. They are NOT there on my Nvidia Shield with Kodi 16.0. I have no knowledge of why or why not... but that's what I see.

So maybe that indicates it might be OS dependent?
(2016-03-05, 06:18)pagali Wrote: [ -> ]The settings are there on my Windows 7 / Kodi 16.0 installation. They are NOT there on my Nvidia Shield with Kodi 16.0. I have no knowledge of why or why not... but that's what I see.

So maybe that indicates it might be OS dependent?

It will show up if you disable "Mediacodec (surface)" under video acceleration, but you will lose the ability to do 4K video output (and possibly other things, but I'm not sure).
Hi guys all very good points you bring up I just thought that kodi devs got rid of the controls in v 16 because they are there in v 15.2 but it just may be my old laptops hardware and software not playing nice with kodi v 16 Huh it's a old laptop and not really worth putting in a new graphics card it was just so easy to just make whatever I was playing brighter or darker with the settings anyone else have any thoughts on this
Try playing with the video acceleration settings in Kodi. If your laptop's CPU can handle software video decoding then you should be able to get those controls back.