Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
After another week of testing I have came up with list of things that should be considered added. The following list is in order of importance to me.

1.Disks (dvd, blu-ray) should have there own menu that automatically pops up when a disk is inserted, and there should an eject button include. If you do not have “videos” main menu set you cant access your movie.

2.In the weather section the field separator should be a “|” rather than a “-” to reduce confusion.

3.The “watched: xxx/xxx” that appears under the main menu item when in focus should be removed or have an option to disable it.

4.I like the sub-menus in ftv skin and think that they should be looked at for inspiration. Mainly having the first item open up the node it represents.

5.auto correct support should be added. I can not spell to save my life!

6.In the wall view can you make the poster slightly bigger and have the next and previous rows to be partially shown at the top and bottom like in Aeon nox 5 wall view.

7.I do not use the “File manager” or “favorites” that are located at the bottom of the screen (maybe I am missing out on something?). If they were removed that would be a perfect place for the “play” and “eject” button as mentioned in #1. when no disk is inserted the power and settings buttons could be wider.
For pictures, would it be possible to have a "wall" view? At present I see the "info wall" , but want something without the dialog box.
can you add "titles" view in library home menu? like the one TV shows library has. so we don't have to go to library root / titles to see all the movies in the library.
A request to make the list view available more generally, rather than only for Movies, Sets, TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes as presently.

Specifically I'm thinking of the Library Node Editor which doesn't suit the Icon Wall view - the only one available to it at present. Without either incorrectly setting the content to force additional views or re-working the entire script with its own windows, its ease of use is diminished without the List view. Screenshots showing the script in both Icon Wall and List views.

Thanks for considering Smile
(2016-03-30, 23:19)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]A request to make the list view available more generally, rather than only for Movies, Sets, TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes as presently.

+1

(2016-03-30, 23:19)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshots showing the script in both Icon Wall and List views.

This!
(2016-03-27, 17:14)Av3nged Wrote: [ -> ]7.I do not use the “File manager” or “favorites” that are located at the bottom of the screen (maybe I am missing out on something?). If they were removed that would be a perfect place for the “play” and “eject” button as mentioned in #1. when no disk is inserted the power and settings buttons could be wider.

The file manager lets you access network files and the Favorites lets you put programs and addons as well as any menu item really in the favorites so it can be accessed quickly.

for instance playing has a large channel list with sub folders. One could add the actual "live" channel links to the favorites and no need to navigate through the add on or upnpn folder. Also if I have 20 or 30 video add ons I could put my favorite 3 or 4 that I use the most in the favorites folder.

basically anything that takes 3 or more clicks or scrolling is a good candidate for the favorites.

some epeople use super favourites but its nice to have that option
(2016-03-31, 00:12)tornicade Wrote: [ -> ]The file manager lets you access network files and the Favorites lets you put programs and addons as well as any menu item really in the favorites so it can be accessed quickly.

for instance playing has a large channel list with sub folders. One could add the actual "live" channel links to the favorites and no need to navigate through the add on or upnpn folder. Also if I have 20 or 30 video add ons I could put my favorite 3 or 4 that I use the most in the favorites folder.

basically anything that takes 3 or more clicks or scrolling is a good candidate for the favorites.

some epeople use super favourites but its nice to have that option

Thanks, I normally use aeon nox so all the things that you say favorites do I normally do with custom menu items.
(2016-03-30, 23:19)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]A request to make the list view available more generally, rather than only for Movies, Sets, TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes as presently.

Specifically I'm thinking of the Library Node Editor which doesn't suit the Icon Wall view - the only one available to it at present. Without either incorrectly setting the content to force additional views or re-working the entire script with its own windows, its ease of use is diminished without the List view. Screenshots showing the script in both Icon Wall and List views.

Thanks for considering Smile

Not decided yet. For now you can set content type to "files". That should give you a list viewtype.
That definitely does not work for me, personally. I use list (non-library sources) or left-list media view (everywhere else) in Confluence. I don't use icon walls or thumbnails or cover view, etc, anywhere, ever. I realize the default skin is not being custom-tailored for me, just saying that does not work for me and you will lose people who were happy with Confluence if you don't offer its views.
(2016-04-01, 14:30)rodalpho Wrote: [ -> ]That definitely does not work for me, personally. I use list (non-library sources) or left-list media view (everywhere else) in Confluence. I don't use icon walls or thumbnails or cover view, etc, anywhere, ever. I realize the default skin is not being custom-tailored for me, just saying that does not work for me and you will lose people who were happy with Confluence if you don't offer its views.

It was always set in stone that some users will change their skin of choice once we change the default skin. That's totally fine. Smile
Deliberately abandoning users of the previous default skin of 7+ years is (IMO) a mistake, but that is of course your choice.

All I can do is provide my feedback-- without basic list and left-list media views everywhere, I personally will not be using this skin.
(2016-04-01, 16:46)rodalpho Wrote: [ -> ]Deliberately abandoning users of the previous default skin of 7+ years is (IMO) a mistake, but that is of course your choice.

All I can do is provide my feedback-- without basic list and left-list media views everywhere, I personally will not be using this skin.

Well thx for your feedback, but I am not trying to emulate confluence. List viewtypes is under consideration for some content types, but I dont jump on every train instantly which drives along.
As a skin maintainer, your choice would be to add every feature suggestion coming up on the forums without proper evaluation? I highly doubt that.
Certainly not, and that is not what I said!

Basic features and use-cases from the old default skin should be retained. Is that a controversial statement?

Whichever way you decide to go, even if I don't end up using it myself, the skin is beautiful. Thanks for your work!
Could you please make list entries that get abbreviated with ellipses ("...") (because they do not fit in the line) scroll after they're selected for 1-2 seconds? I don't see a way right now e.g. in my TV recordings to see the full filename. Thanks! Smile
Like the look and feel!

Custom menu items would make it perfect.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45