Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Request: add the file name and path in the info screen, specially for movies and tv shows - I think that this information is useful and is included in most skins.

Thanks
+1 for add-ons in the settings. My thoughts would be to put a “manage add-ons” button in settings/system/add-ons

possibly add a separate “default select action” for movies and TV shows?

Add a settings for the search function so you are not prompted every time you select it.

Move the backspace button on the keyboard to the right hand side and extend the space bar because I may have hit the backspace instead of space after some pop's Wink

I don't know if this is skin related but if you can use the DVD or Blu ray label to scrape the info for use in playback.
While in a series or move listing, when the Information panel is open, how difficult would it be to use the channel up/down buttons to cycle through the other items in the list without leaving the Information window?

Take the following episode list:

And this is the Information window for the selected episode (2x08. Limbo):

While in this Information window it would be nice to be able to use the Channel Up/Down buttons to view the information for previous/next epsiodes, ie. Channel Down would update the Information window with the details for episode 2x09, Channel Down a second time would show 2x10 etc.
Not really possible in a nice way, sorry.
You would have to modify your keymap and create a small script which triggers a sequence of builtins (close dialog -> move by 1 --> open again) in order to get that done. Or we somehow add that to core, might be a better option.
(2016-03-08, 16:08)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an option to hide watched items from recently added movies/episodes?
I remember there was an issue with the way they recent items were extracted from the db to easily add this, don't remember entirely but it never made it into Confluence even though many people want this.
That would be great. Nice report from another thread (copy from there, as the original thread isnt only about it)
(2016-05-07, 22:54)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]I must admit I really liked this feature when it was in Confluence.

The Estuary "Unwatched" filter (in the "Recently Added" view) doesn't work as well as this database method, because let's say you have 50 recently added movies (the first 25 of which have been watched, the next 25 of which are unwatched) then in Estuary - which only shows at most 25 items - when you enable the "Unwatched" filter the "Recently Added" list becomes empty and doesn't show the remaining 25 unwatched movies.

Presumably this is because Estuary retrieves the 25 most recently added movies and then filters out the watched movies, leaving none left. If instead Estuary queried the database for "most recently added movies that have not been watched limit 25" then it would work much better. Which is basically what the Confluence patches did, I think.

The Estuary (must most likely "core"?) implementation of the "Unwatched" filter is so wrong it's not worth having IMHO - my movies "Recently Added" list currently shows 1 movie when applying the Unwatched filter, yet there's hundreds of unwatched movies in the library. It's the same with episodes, too.

Similarly the Estuary Home screen would work better if it had the option to show only unwatched recently added movies/episodes (using a database query, and not applying a filter on a limited result set). My Estuary home screen is cluttered with movies and episodes I've already watched, and there's no way to get rid of them.

A global non-skin specific "Hide watched" setting for the Recently Added queries would be a great thing IMHO, and would certainly improve Estuary.
Yes, adding in core sounds like the better solution. Was just an idea, as it's the kind of GUI functionality you might see in a PVR (I see it in TiVo) and it's quite useful/convenient. If something can be done in future that would be great. Smile
Hello........

I am using below cool 2 features now over 4 years and it will be good to get these 2 added to the new skin. I have put some pros of having these 2 features. As per forum feedback I have seen many users like and requested these 2 features and hoping you guys will make this happen.

If you guys unable to implement this at least inform me what I need to do to get these 2 features added myself.....

Feature Request 1:

- Ability to automatically change the background Fanarts within any Movies screens from the /extrafanart folder.
P.S: If this not possible to do at least please let me know what files I need to mod to make this happen and inject my mod to this cool skin.

Pros:
- This will give very cool content show-off feature to users
- Make use of the extrafanarts downloaded and automatically rotate via them within the movies screens

Tips:
Below is the code I am using to make this happen within the Confluence Skin and file I am using is "MyVideoNav.xml" and as per below background image within the Movies screens changing every 7 seconds.

Add below code to the MyVideoNav.xml within 720p folder below the line <include>CommonBackground</include>
Code:
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
            <!--<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> -->
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]/extrafanart</imagepath>
            <timeperimage>7000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <fadetime>1000</fadetime>
        </control>
        <control type="multiimage">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]../extrafanart</imagepath>
            <timeperimage>7000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <fadetime>1000</fadetime>
            <visible>Container.Content(episodes)</visible>
        </control>

Feature Request 2:

My 5 five year old watch lot of kids movies and she always asking me to play the same movie again and again. In current Skin I don't have a way to display "Recently Watched" items on the Movies Sub Menu, It will be good to get access to this "Recently Watched" Movies and TV Show list from the Movies home screen via button as this is cool feature I am using almost everyday.

P.S: If this is not possible please let me know how to link current Icon from the Movies home screen to "Recently Watched" items.

TIP:
What I am currently doing to resolve this issue as below and this will give you guys an idea.
- I have created a smart playlist called "RecentlyPlayed" and saved it in Videos's playlist folder
- Edited the "IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml" and linked the "Actors" control ID to the playlist called "Recently Viewed"

Code:
-<control id="90163" type="button">

<include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>

<label>Recently Viewed</label>

<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,special://videoplaylists/RecentlyPlayed.xsp,return)</onclick>
Feature request for Live TV option: Currently skin seems to default to using Live Tv widget for this item which appears to show recently played channels. I maybe struggle to see what the relevance / benefit is to a user in showing this information, particularly given it takes up most of screen as well.
I'm not sure it's actually possible to create, but what about showing 'Today's TV Recommendation / Picks' (a random selection of programmes broadcasting that day with data used from the Guide DB), with button options to record / set reminders for these items. Maybe even base these recommendations on viewing habits (Tv channels / programmes most watched). This kind of functionality would have a far greater benefit to users and would be a huge plus point for Live TV within Kodi.

Feature request for background colour themes: Ability to switch off transparency and keep background colour solid, when media is playing. I find it a little distracting having live media playing in the background, when I'm surfing through media elsewhere...

Anyway, great job on a great skin guys.......The future is certainly looking bright with Estuary Smile
If running PVR and recordings are scheduled it is important to know that you have enough backend Storage available. As KODI / Tvheadend have limited storage / recording management capabilities I have come to rely upon modding Home.xml to include a progress bar and backend disk space (PVR.BackendDiskspace) in bottom right of home screen. It fits very well and saves having to go into PVR recordings to check the state of the backend storage.

(2016-05-12, 13:27)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]Feature request for Live TV option: Currently skin seems to default to using Live Tv widget for this item which appears to show recently played channels. I maybe struggle to see what the relevance / benefit is to a user in showing this information, particularly given it takes up most of screen as well.
I'm not sure it's actually possible to create, but what about showing 'Today's TV Recommendation / Picks' (a random selection of programmes broadcasting that day with data used from the Guide DB), with button options to record / set reminders for these items. Maybe even base these recommendations on viewing habits (Tv channels / programmes most watched). This kind of functionality would have a far greater benefit to users and would be a huge plus point for Live TV within Kodi.

Feature request for background colour themes: Ability to switch off transparency and keep background colour solid, when media is playing. I find it a little distracting having live media playing in the background, when I'm surfing through media elsewhere...

Anyway, great job on a great skin guys.......The future is certainly looking bright with Estuary Smile

At the moment the TV widget shows the first 10 channels in the list, which will change to be the most recently played at some point in the future. This is exactly what I would like to see rather than somebody elses TV recommendations. That's not how I watch TV. so maybe of benefit to you, but not everyone. each to their own , I guess Wink
(2016-05-13, 16:51)caribo Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment the TV widget shows the first 10 channels in the list, which will change to be the most recently played at some point in the future. This is exactly what I would like to see rather than somebody elses TV recommendations. That's not how I watch TV. so maybe of benefit to you, but not everyone. each to their own , I guess Wink
You are maybe misunderstanding what I'm attempting to illustrate here. Displaying recently played TV channels does not have quite the same relevance / benefit as maybe other media types, like music, Tv shows or movies where a user may have stopped them for whatever reason, but may want to go back to them at some point in the future to finish watching/listening, so there is clearly a benefit in showing recently played items for those media types. Displaying Tv channels that might have been played yesterday, the day before or even last week surely has no real benefit as the programme you were watching at that time has obviously finished.

What I am suggesting is a list of maybe 10-20 random programme recommendations for the current day, taken directly from the users own TV guide data and if possible based also on their viewing habits, ie what channels and programmes they most watch themselves. How is that somebody else's TV recommendations exactly? But like I said, I'm not even sure this is even possible within Kodi.

But if you pick up any modern PVR box these days you will find this kind of functionality being offered to their users. Log on to Netflix or Amazon Instant and you will also get recommendations for content based on the viewing habits of the account holder. Might not be how you watch TV and no this isn't just to benefit me, since there is clearly huge demand existing out there already in the modern world, but yes, each to their own I guess Wink

Anyway, it's only a suggestion. Plus I don't think I ever said this should be the only information shown on any revamped version of the Live TV widget Smile
Please add a new sort type to TV Shows that sorts by date added, but shows the number of episodes on the right side of List and Fanart views. Confluence had something similar.

Alternatively, rather than showing an empty circle to indicate that all of a given show hasn't been watched, perhaps we could embed a number inside that circle to indicate how many episodes haven't been watched? For example:

(2016-03-17, 15:38)pyrodex Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be possible to have options to set the info functions to default to something other than plot to maybe metadata?

+1! This is quite essential to how I use kodi, and more buttonpresses is not good. Sad

Edit:
(2016-05-06, 18:25)theotocopulitos Wrote: [ -> ]Request: add the file name and path in the info screen, specially for movies and tv shows - I think that this information is useful and is included in most skins.

Thanks
This is also ESSENTIAL. How on earth are you gonna find out what's wrongly scraped? Opening logs is way to much work for something that used to be simple. Smile
(2016-03-08, 20:28)ep0ch Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this very cool skin. A couple of features I would like:

1. The default view for "TV" to show the EPG instead of "Favourite Channels". This would be very cool imho
2. Ability to re-order menu items

That is all, thanks again!

+1

The EPG should be the easiest and default thing to access for live TV.
Re-ordering would be nice, i prefer live TV at the top then movies, tv shows etc.

Can't help but think custom menus is going to solve a lot of peoples requests.
(2016-05-19, 18:14)ianuk2005 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-08, 20:28)ep0ch Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this very cool skin. A couple of features I would like:

1. The default view for "TV" to show the EPG instead of "Favourite Channels". This would be very cool imho
2. Ability to re-order menu items

That is all, thanks again!

+1

The EPG should be the easiest and default thing to access for live TV.
Re-ordering would be nice, i prefer live TV at the top then movies, tv shows etc.

Can't help but think custom menus is going to solve a lot of peoples requests.
If you want custom menu items and the ability to re-order them, you may want to consider downloading Guilouz's MOD of the Estuary Skin, as both of these features are available by going into skin settings and selecting Customize Main Menu.

Remember to download all the files required to make this MOD work from page one of his thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45