Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
(2020-01-30, 01:12)Knocks Wrote: [ -> ]because older versions of XBMC/Kodi allowed you to have Files in the main menu, and Estuary does not.
Try Confluence, Estuary's predecessor.
Multiple format playback problem and a "simple" fix?

When loading up multiple music files with different formats, PCM and DTS for example, it throws off the processor and you only get static on the DTS file.

"Simple" fix would be to force the Kodi playback to stop mode rather than gapless when it senses a different format. That way, rather than going gapless it simply stops and then plays. So you will have a gap in playback but the issue is solved and you can load multiple formats to play back successfully.
(2020-03-17, 19:50)himey Wrote: [ -> ]"Simple" fix would be to force the Kodi playback to stop mode rather than gapless when it senses a different format. That way, rather than going gapless it simply stops and then plays. So you will have a gap in playback but the issue is solved and you can load multiple formats to play back successfully.

I'm sure a PR will be welcomed.
(2020-03-17, 20:01)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-17, 19:50)himey Wrote: [ -> ]"Simple" fix would be to force the Kodi playback to stop mode rather than gapless when it senses a different format. That way, rather than going gapless it simply stops and then plays. So you will have a gap in playback but the issue is solved and you can load multiple formats to play back successfully.

I'm sure a PR will be welcomed.

...another option would be anytime the next track wasn't the same album it could drop out of gapless mode and instead go into a compatibility mode where it would stop and start.
(2020-03-17, 20:49)himey Wrote: [ -> ]...another option would be anytime the next track wasn't the same album it could drop out of gapless mode and instead go into a compatibility mode where it would stop and start.

1) This has nothing to do with Estuary.
2) I don't particularly like that idea.  I often want to play multiple albums back-to-back without them stopping.
3) I can't reproduce it.  I made a playlist consisting of a combination of stereo PCM, 5.1 PCM, 5.1 DTS, stereo MP3, 5.1 flac and stereo flac.   The entire playlist played flawlessly.
(2020-03-17, 21:26)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-17, 20:49)himey Wrote: [ -> ]...another option would be anytime the next track wasn't the same album it could drop out of gapless mode and instead go into a compatibility mode where it would stop and start.

1) This has nothing to do with Estuary.
2) I don't particularly like that idea.  I often want to play multiple albums back-to-back without them stopping.
3) I can't reproduce it.  I made a playlist consisting of a combination of stereo PCM, 5.1 PCM, 5.1 DTS, stereo MP3, 5.1 flac and stereo flac.   The entire playlist played flawlessly.

You are confused about the stopping part. It is a momentary stop then start to allow for the format change.

All the " formats" you listed except dts are pcm and they all play fine. DTS files wrapped in a FLAC are what is tripping up my processor. The bitstream sent dts plays as static.

I apologize for posting this in the wrong section of the forum. The larger thread doesn't seem to have a place to post.
This thread is only for feature requests for the Estuary skin as this is in the Estuary skin subforum. For feature request for the type of issue you are having it needs to go here https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

What type of device are you using? if an Android box then that is mostly likely the source of your problem.
(2020-03-18, 16:00)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is only for feature requests for the Estuary skin as this is in the Estuary skin subforum. For feature request for the type of issue you are having it needs to go here https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

What type of device are you using? if an Android box then that is mostly likely the source of your problem.

The problem was the Plex server and not a Kodi problem. Sorry. I actually forgot I was using a server. Please delete or ignore any of my posts on the subject. Thanks.
One minor comment. To get one line more information in the timeline channel info below epg grid. Is it possible tp move season / episode in the same line like genre?
In the default Estuary skin when Videos is highlighted (but not selected) 4 1/2 Media source are only visible the rest are off the screen to the right.
Would it be possible for "Media sources" to be wrapped for the set resolution and appear in the empty real estate below?

First request 2016-03-08, 15:30 post #37
Second 2016-06-18, 07:59 post #239
Third 2019-05-13, 05:13 post #541

And now I. Any info about this request?
would be great to have discart displayed in info screens/visualizations when playing (music/musicvideos and movies)
(2020-08-12, 09:08)dt2510 Wrote: [ -> ]would be great to have discart displayed in info screens/visualizations when playing (music/musicvideos and movies)
Hi,

Can you guys please add an option to remove the OSD seektime bar on Pause in the official Estuary for Kodi 19?

I would especially like this for when I need to take screen shots of the video.

The Metropolis skin has this feature and also lets you choose to have the OSD disappear on pause instantly or after so many seconds.

I have really been wanting this feature every since the official Estuary skin was released.
(2020-10-03, 03:32)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]Can you guys please add an option to remove the OSD seektime bar on Pause in the official Estuary for Kodi 19?

+1
This is the first change I make when xml is updated.
When watching sport, there is always useful statistical information at the bottom of the screen.
The OSD hides this, which defeats the purpose of pausing to read it.
(2020-10-03, 03:32)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]Can you guys please add an option to remove the OSD seektime bar on Pause in the official Estuary for Kodi 19?

+2

This would be also a great feature for all OLED users, which are afraid of burn-in.

Perhaps you can give es an option, where we can configure the number of seconds after which the OSD should be hidden.

And maybe we OLED users can get an option to set the dim screensaver to something like 5 or 10%. Here is also a thread for this:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345256

Another nice addition for PVR users with an OLED would be to have an option to blur the channel logos.

Wink

Thanks and regards Hoppel
(2020-10-03, 04:35)glubbish Wrote: [ -> ]

+1
This is the first change I make when xml is updated.
When watching sport, there is always useful statistical information at the bottom of the screen.
The OSD hides this, which defeats the purpose of pausing to read it.

Good news it was just added to the latest nightly build Smile

But they removed the "remaining time" which is a bummer for me at least Sad

Please add that back and it would be just about prefect!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45