Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-08, 16:14)villeneuve Wrote: [ -> ]- I always wondered why XBMC/Kodi never adopted the control scheme known from many settop boxes, TVs and DVB-software like VDR which marks certain OSD-elements with the colors red, green, yellow and blue which can be triggered by pressing the according color on the remote. It's a great way to hugely accelerate navigating menus and triggering actions and it can be used really flexible. Most of the good remotes available have those color buttons and most gamecontrollers / gamepads also. So I see the introduction of a new default Kodi skin as the perfect moment to add that control scheme. It could also be made a on/off switchable option in the skins' setting, as some people may not like the look with the added colored indicators.

I'd be really interested to hear what you people think about my last point.

Because a default skin must cater for a remote such as

I think you're just joking, but apart from that the colorbutton control scheme does not change anything for remote controls without those buttons.
Love the skin it's amazing but needed is custom shortcuts. I have to go through Add-Ons on home screen which sometimes might be a lot of scrolling.

This might be the best ever Kodi skin made if there were few adjustments. So thank you for it! please please bring custom shortcuts Smile

(2016-03-08, 12:24)Driminicus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-08, 10:25)Tazoz Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to allow custom menu items with shortcuts like the Aeon Nox based skins.
Being able to set custom labels and shortcuts would make the skin infinitely more usable.
I know this wasn't offered in Confluence but it is also the most significant reason I and others had to change skins.

I agree. Certain addons (such as netflix and rom collection browser) carry the same weight for me as the movies or tv shows items, and having to navigate to them via the addons menu 'feels' less important. Plus: it takes a few more clicks, and I need my clicks Smile

This exactly how I feel! Big Grin
I've never even noticed the fact that Kodi doesn't follow that design language. I personally don't think we need colored buttons, though I can see why some may appreciate it. Some people will view Kodi as a set-top-box where as others will consider it more of a media player. The next question would be which colors would you assign as default to the different functions? I think leaving these neutral is fine for the vanilla skin. If someone wants to make a mod for this then there's nothing stopping them. The colored buttons doesn't change the fundemental design of the skin.
(2016-03-08, 16:14)villeneuve Wrote: [ -> ]- Maybe rename "Videos" to "other Videos"
I would hate this, unless of course they allow renaming of these main menu items-- which would be great!

I've always thought Videos should just be Files, and encompass all the various physical directories/network shares mapped to Movies, TV Shows, Music, etc. It's primarily used for files not in the library, after all. Add-ons are already abstracted away from their types; do we really need a main-menu item to act as the parent directory for Movies and TV Shows?
Please add some easy manage to add to left main menu new category like movies, tv series, music, possibility to easy add own like: documentary, Fairy Tales / cartoon (for kids), concerts ... etc then it will be for our wifes much easier Smile
Please don't neglect the Music part of Kodi. This is unfortunately the case for many skins.

I saw that there a couple of views for Movies. A similar selection of views within and outside (file/folder structure) the Music Library would be great.

In addition things like CDart's and alternatives to the standard visualization (i.e. slideshow support) can make Kodi shine a lot more.
Does anyone know how to change on Android view for Add-Ons? it will only display my Android Apps. I like the idea of it but I have to add my add-ons I use to favorites for now.
Congrats, seriously awesome skin!

Two requests:

Could the Home screen Update Library button indicate that it can be canceled by pressing it again.

In the videoOSD could you add a button for SwitchPlayer (UPnP) so we can switch players after seeking.
I'd like to request a view from Confluence, which is called "Thumbnails".
The view in Estuary, which mostly resembles this, is the "Wall" view, but it doesn't quite live up to the thumbnails view.
What I'm missing from wall view:
- Only 5 movies in a row. The wall view has 6 movies, which is too much to quickly get an overview on the movies currently on screen.
- Persistent movie titles. Wall view only shows the movie title of a movie, if you hover over it with the mouse or have it selected. Persistent titles is good, because you can quickly see the title of all movies on the screen, without having to read the cover art (Which can be difficult sometimes)

I've made a mockup of how it would look.
Feature Request for when pausing videos!!!

If not already in please allow all menus to hide after so many seconds when you pause a video.

When pausing videos I like to see just the video screen showing without any menus displaying "after a few seconds".

Perhaps you could add a option for how long it takes for the menus to hide when pausing videos.

I currently use the Metropolis skin which has this feature:Smile

Please add this to EstuarySmile

Thanks
Having just read and watched the Kodi announcement on this awesome new skin, but given that I can't upgrade our main box to Krypton quite yet, is the TV "In Progress" items the Kodi equivalent to the often asked for "On Deck" functionality in Plex?
Close but not exactly. Plex's "On Deck" contains a mix of both in-progress and recently added media. Estuary separates them.
I believe "On Deck" in Plex is a little more complex than that unless I'm mistaking... Meaning that it shows you what you may want to watch given that you've already watched prior episodes of it.

Well, as a Feature Request Thread addition then, I'll put in here what many folks have asked for over a long period of time now... "It would be awesome to have an 'On Deck' like functionality in the core Kodi skin."...
I got my info from their FAQ below. It does pop up the next episode of a TV series, which is pretty cool.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/article...-Added-for-

I agree that would be a neat enhancement; mixing in-progress and recently added.

Using real machine learning to anticipate what the user wants to watch next would actually be revolutionary-- but likely beyond the scope of a mere skin.