Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
(2021-01-17, 22:36)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-17, 22:05)fuorigioco1981 Wrote: [ -> ]on default skin when we are in a movie or series episode how can we go directly to main settings. if I press back back beck OK.easier way?
You can add a keyboard shortcut to your keyboard.xml file. Use the following

xml:
<v mod="ctrl,shift">ActivateWindow(Settings)</v>

then you press ctrl-shift-v on your keyboard and it will open the Settings main page.
what keyboard? I use a universal remote iam talking about media player nvidia shield
(2021-01-17, 22:50)fuorigioco1981 Wrote: [ -> ]what keyboard? I use a universal remote iam talking about media player nvidia shield
ok, then maybe you should have added that to your first post, don't you think?
(2021-01-17, 23:28)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-17, 22:50)fuorigioco1981 Wrote: [ -> ]what keyboard? I use a universal remote iam talking about media player nvidia shield
ok, then maybe you should have added that to your first post, don't you think?
well yes sorry
hi
I appreciate your work you all and a job well done improving this skin in kodi V19. is there any way you  could add a tweak or an option in the skin setting
that hide video osd  immediately when it Paused ? ( i know it disappear after seconds when paused, but it take too long for my taste )
an option like the one in Guilouz Estuary Mod V2 or at least an option to customize the seconds it take to disappear.
and thank you all
Please, bigger font.
With every version it gets harder to read (or I am older 🤔).
A kodi option to change font size would be great.

Thx
(2021-02-21, 01:11)popy Wrote: [ -> ]Please, bigger font.
My understanding is that it is not that easy. A font size increase means resizing all the text boxes throughout the skin, which then bumps into other elements like posters, flags other text boxes. It is a cascading change.

Maybe try another skin. I know Aeon Nox:Silvo has large fonts (a bit too large in my opinion) so it might be what you are after.
(2021-02-21, 01:35)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
My understanding is that it is not that easy. A font size increase means resizing all the text boxes throughout the skin, which then bumps into other elements like posters, flags other text boxes. It is a cascading change.

Maybe try another skin. I know Aeon Nox:Silvo has large fonts (a bit too large in my opinion) so it might be what you are after.

Yeah I know the issues come with this.
Don't want to use another skin because estuary is quite nice and pretty 🙂

Using kodi a long time and sometimes changed skin font size myself but I think it gets smaller and smaller over time (maybe because we get older 🤔). I am not alone, there are several others regarding this. When I am sitting 4m away it's quite small for me and my wife's eyes.

Don't want to fiddle around in skin files or updates of third party skins, when there is an kodi update.
Because of this issue there is, 'estuary plus' and the dev must update it every time an update comes.

Would be nicer if anything like that (bigger font in key areas) will get its way sometimes in official estuary. Or an option.

Don't care if any displayed list has less items display at once.

Just my thoughts.
With every version it gets harder to read (or I am older [emoji848]).

I know another good workaround:

Buy a tv with a bigger display! Wink

Regards Hoppel
(2021-02-23, 21:59)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]
With every version it gets harder to read (or I am older [emoji848]).

I know another good workaround:

Buy a tv with a bigger display! Wink

Regards Hoppel

It has already 65inch 😁
My wall is too small 😉😂😝

No settimg changed from 18.9 to 19 but it's harder to read :-(
Can you make the seek bar better? The old v18 one was easier to use, the seek amount (e.g. +30s) was in the middle. Having it off to one side means you can't see it and the position cursor when the cursor is on the right and you have a big screen.
(2020-11-02, 03:56)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Video name is still there in the Info osd. As for time remaining I believe it was felt there was too many time labels, so decision was to drop time remaining label, as it's just another way of representing the same info as the ends at label displays.

* removed * see later post
(2021-03-01, 07:06)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]Oddly you cant hit Info (enter) again to toggle the OSD off but instead you have to hit Exit (backspace) to clear.
Overall its extra clicks and can lead to frustration trying to figure out what buttons to hit on the remote that someone hadn't had to use before.
Enter does not produce the the Info overlay (which does not have the playback control buttons), but the Menu OSD overlay which is shown by the playback control buttons appearing. What does Info button on the Logitech do for the Shield? on my LE system the Logitech Info button is set to send the Kodi Info action which toggles the Info overlay.

This is the Info display

(2021-03-01, 07:06)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]Then the button to do the OSD overlay should toggle the info on/off... and _NOT_ change the play/pause state of the media.
Again that's because you're going into the wrong overlay.
(2021-03-01, 07:06)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]This would allow v18 users that previously just pause/play to see the info to switch to just using the Info (enter) to see that info.
Then for those that watch stuff with subs and the OSD causes you to miss stuff (so you'd want to just pause before toggling the OSD on/off).

To be honest this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone using Play/Pause to get that info displayed intead of using the proper Info action.
Stereo seek bars... That's a new one! Big Grin
(2021-03-01, 12:04)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-01, 07:06)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]Oddly you cant hit Info (enter) again to toggle the OSD off but instead you have to hit Exit (backspace) to clear.
Overall its extra clicks and can lead to frustration trying to figure out what buttons to hit on the remote that someone hadn't had to use before.
Enter does not produce the the Info overlay (which does not have the playback control buttons), but the Menu OSD overlay which is shown by the playback control buttons appearing. What does Info button on the Logitech do for the Shield? on my LE system the Logitech Info button is set to send the Kodi Info action which toggles the Info overlay.

This is the Info display

(2021-03-01, 07:06)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]Then the button to do the OSD overlay should toggle the info on/off... and _NOT_ change the play/pause state of the media.
Again that's because you're going into the wrong overlay.
(2021-03-01, 07:06)thezoggy Wrote: [ -> ]This would allow v18 users that previously just pause/play to see the info to switch to just using the Info (enter) to see that info.
Then for those that watch stuff with subs and the OSD causes you to miss stuff (so you'd want to just pause before toggling the OSD on/off).
To be honest this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone using Play/Pause to get that info displayed intead of using the proper Info action.

In my keymap.xml I have enter doing the OSD:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <Global>
    <keyboard>
      <up>Up</up>
      <down>Down</down>
      <left>Left</left>
      <right>Right</right>
      <enter>Select</enter>
      <menu>ContextMenu</menu>
      <play_pause>Play</play_pause>
      <backspace>Back</backspace>
      <rewind>PageUp</rewind>
      <fastforward>PageDown</fastforward>
    </keyboard>
  </Global>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <up>ChapterOrBigStepForward</up>
      <down>ChapterOrBigStepBack</down>
      <left>StepBack</left>
      <right>StepForward</right>
      <enter>OSD</enter>
      <menu>ShowSubtitles</menu>
      <menu mod="longpress">NextSubtitle</menu>
      <play_pause>PlayPause</play_pause>
      <backspace>Stop</backspace>
      <rewind>Rewind</rewind>
      <fastforward>FastForward</fastforward>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

which I normally only use when I needed to change the audio stream/select subtitle manually.

**3/1 update**

ok spent some time to debug what is going on.

The harmony hub when it adds the Shield, it defaulted the "Info" button to send "Select".
The "OK" button also sends "Select" which is the same thing as the 'enter' button a pc which does the OSD.
This leads to the confusion as both keys bring up the same thing and that is why trying to override Info in keymap was not working.
Thankfully it is easy to fix, updated the activity>remote mapping in harmony app so it actually sends Info now.

So in the end, I've never seen/used the Info overlay because harmony was sending "Select" instead of "Info" for the Info button.
Now that I've got it corrected I can see why you wanted to clean up the redundant info.. just now I need to learn to use to toggle the info with the Info button Smile
I understand your not able to customise the home main menu items since Estuary is the default home screen and the user needs a skin to fall back onto in case another skin gets messed up.

I would like to suggest two feature requests for Estuary

1. Just like you can add/remove add-ons to your favorites, you can also add/remove add-ons to your home main menu as an item.

2. Be able to reorder items on the main menu. However addons items that were added to the main menu are under an "addons pin" home menu item. For example...

Movies
TV Shows
Music
Add-On Items
Weather
Radio
Add-Ons Pin
Favorites

In this example, all the addon items that you add to your main menu will be listed in alphabetical order between the Music item and the Weather item and you cannot reorder every specific addon item. You can even hide the "Addon items" item so no addons that you added to the main menu will appear in the main menu just like how you can hide the movies item and no movies item will appear in the main menu.

How Estuary Can Allow Adding Items To Main Menu Without Breaking The Skin By Accident
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360992
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45