Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thx for feedback.
I particularily like 1), it will probably get implemented.
when playing something top left osd shows the episode name episode number and showname, its almost impossible to read the episode number eg "S1E5" on a big screen and being darkish blue next to bright white its impossible to read.

also having the episode name, number then showname is backwards in a way compared to everything else in kodi. including media info.
---
Showname
S1E5 - Episode Name
---
All in white would be better. like its all white on the right also with date time. the video icon can stay theme colour.
First of all - great skin, I love it. I have two feature requests :
1. Kindly include Big wall view in this skin. i am currently using mimic and using big wall view to access my media and it looks beautiful on my big tv. please include it Smile
2. I often need to immediately know the media info for a movie, like resolution, audio codec etc., is it possible to add media info labels oo the seekbar menu like confluence does right now?
3: can you also include list view from confluence. it's simple and useful in alot of places.

Keep up the good work !
Perhaps repeated elsewhere:
1. Renaming and ordering of home menu items.
2. Adding sub menus to the home screen menu. (Braz has done a fine job implementing this in his excellent MIMIC skin especially in vertical for Jarvis)
3. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
(2016-03-10, 02:41)Dojoroda Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps repeated elsewhere:
1. Renaming and ordering of home menu items.
2. Adding sub menus to the home screen menu. (Braz has done a fine job implementing this in his excellent MIMIC skin especially in vertical for Jarvis)
3. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I think the best way to add sub menus is to copy Arctic Zephyr's vertical menu. When clicking a main menu item, the main menu fades out and the sub menu slides in replacing the main menu... pushing back takes you back to he main menu again. Simple, elegant and extremely uncluttered.
Please add in 21:9 ultrawide support. I would be happy to help test or make changes where I can. The lack of a debug grid that I could find in Krypton makes it a PITA.

(2016-03-09, 05:03)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]And speaking of things that I'd rather not mod Estuary for, if there could be an option to use Artist Slideshow for the fullscreen background when playing music, that would be great. I know the author of AS would appreciate that. Wink

agree.
since this skin is the new kodi "default" skin, i also think the artist slideshow addon is something that should definitively be supported by default. at the moment the "default" settings for "music backgrounds" are a little inconsistent. why are all the "music visualisations" supported/activated by default and to "activate" artist slideshow you have to mess around with xml files? at least there are 3 options when listening to music: 1) nothing/black screen, 2) visualisation, 3) artist slidshow. there is no reason to support 1 + 2 by default but not 3.
ALWAYS ON TOP is a most have feature and long overdue. Someone here created a patch for it every time a newer version comes out. But would be nice to have it as default. Sometimes I want to do something while I still wanna watch my KODI. Thanks in advance
Thanks for your great work. +1 rep. Smile

I have one feature request for you. Bigger fonts for old CRT's TVs and small screen devices.

Estuary is an beautiful skin but is impossible to use on CRT's. Take a look at confluence's massive mode.

https://github.com/notspiff/kodi-cmake/b...l#L87-L170

It works great and it is simple.
(2016-03-10, 20:21)SmoothSinner Wrote: [ -> ]ALWAYS ON TOP is a most have feature and long overdue. Someone here created a patch for it every time a newer version comes out. But would be nice to have it as default. Sometimes I want to do something while I still wanna watch my KODI. Thanks in advance

i think this has nothing to do with a skin.
Ability to choose what appears on right of movies and TV shows in main UI... now it's 'Recently Added' and 'Unwatched'. I don't care for latter, and would prefer 'In Progress' or smart playlist or whatever (customizable).
(2016-03-08, 15:30)RMP888 Wrote: [ -> ]In addition I would like to suggest that the favourites star icon is move up into the menu box away from the power button, so that the word Favourites can be seen. There are two star icons one is full the other is hollow and this would leave the hollow one where it is and the system, folder and power by themselves. Again i hope this request is clear enough to understand.
+++ for this one. Please move favourites to the menu. It's in good company with Movies, TV, Weather, etc.
My suggestions are:

More customization of the home screen like in confluence where you can hide almost everything in home and change the background.

Also an option in the fanart view where you can hide the information of movies or tv shows

A big button for settings is necessary.

And finally a coverflow style view will be nice.

Thanks
option to define own home menu items with own widgets
--> i would like to add Radio item and as widgets some links of the radio-item Wink
Hi there,

I have my media collection in 2 directories on a SSH server. One with Music and one with Video's. This way i can listen to my music wherever i am on the plannet on whatever runs Kodi ;-) Now here's the thing. I don't use the library functionality of Kodi at all. Its not my thing. I just need a shortcut to my ssh music directory and to my ssh video directory. Adding these two directories to kodi's library takes forever to update and also every time i add or remove some content on my ssh server i have to update all my devices to reflect my server state. I never search for tags or genres in my own library. I'am fine with the alphabetically sorted directory listing of my music collection.

So here is my request:

Could it be made possible that If i click on Video's or Music in the left sidebar i get my file listing on the right? So that i than can scroll up and down to the album i wanna play and play it!

Or even better: Could it be possible that i make shortcuts to my music server and video server in the main left sidebar?

-Syntherklaas-

PS; Probebly if i could put my Favorites in the main menu all my problems would be resolved!