Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Samba problem error 1219
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a very strange problem where kodi scans one series but not films even though they use the same network source.

From mediasources
<mediasources>
<network>
<location id="0">smb://creepwood:[email protected]/media</location>
</network>
</mediasources>

Both films and series is in a different folder on this share.

When I add series as a source, no problem it just scans it
When I add films as a source, it doesn't scan and I get

WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\10.101.242.21\media" with username "creepwood" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.

The weird thing is that when I check the file passwords.xml. There is no entry for series, only for hdfilms

<passwords>
<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://10.101.242.21/media</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://creepwood:[email protected]/media/hdfilm/</to>
</path>
</passwords>

The priviliges on the both folders on my file server are identical, nothing weird there. The only thing I can think of is that I already have mapped network drives as Z: in windows explorer but it's still the media folder that's mapped,

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Scan them in from the mapped drive
(2016-03-03, 21:19)Derek Wrote: [ -> ]Scan them in from the mapped drive

No can do, then the centralised path would be wrong for the rest of the clients.
This makes no sense if the content is all on the same share.
(2016-03-03, 21:54)Derek Wrote: [ -> ]This makes no sense if the content is all on the same share.

No because in the database the path look like this smb://10.101.242.21/media
while if I add it as my mapped drive it will look like Z:\media\
No i mean it makes no sense why its not working the way you want it to, you could post a debug log (wiki) if you want
Ignore the mapped drive idea. You are correct in that you do not need it. It will work fine with the file shares.

In your %appdata%\KODI folder there is a file called sources.xml Open that up in Notepad++ or something. Have a check in there to see if everything looks the same. Maybe a typo?

Also open up passwords.xml

(I think that mediasources.xml file you have there is out of date and can be deleted.)

Personally I tend to setup separate shares for Films, TV, Music. Probably have eight or nine shares. All happily SMB.

Happy to run through SMB troubleshooting here with you - 'tis part of the day job. Smile
Yeah sources.xml is best edited by hand i can confirm that, networking used to be my job happy to leave it behind but still dabble considering CCNA etc.
(2016-03-03, 22:50)BatterPudding Wrote: [ -> ]Ignore the mapped drive idea. You are correct in that you do not need it. It will work find with the file shares.

In your %appdata%\KODI folder there is a file called sources.xml Open that up in Notepad++ or something. Have a check in there to see if everything looks the same. Maybe a typo?

I click my way through the file structure after I have set up the mainsource smb://10.101.242.21/media so there shouldn't (and aren't) any typos. I just tried to let my raspberry pi OSMC populate the movies tables, and it just went right through it. no problem using the same shares and sources.

I assume this is a strict problem for my windows 7 workstation. It's just so weird that series and films are from the same share and both are video.
Butter: Networking is a fun job tho dont pick me up wrong!
Creepwood - sorry, I re-wrote my post. Read again.

Stop looking at the out of date mediasources.xml file. You should now be looking in sources.xml and passwords.xml

This explains why you can't see your hdfilms in that out of date file. Smile
Is that out of date lol im an idiot then, seems to work for me hehehe maybe it was updated as it was some time ago it was hand editied.

I will also take your advice Smile
(2016-03-03, 23:05)BatterPudding Wrote: [ -> ]Creepwood - sorry, I re-wrote my post. Read again.

Stop looking at the out of date sources.xml file. You should now be looking in mediasources.xml and passwords.xml

This explains why you can't see your hdfilms in that out of date file. Smile

That's the strange thing
passwords.xml
<passwords>
<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://10.101.242.21/media</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://creepwood:[email protected]/media/hdfilm/</to>
</path>
</passwords>

Why is this showing /hdfilm/ and not just media?
mediasources
<mediasources>
<network>
<location id="0">smb://creepwood:[email protected]/media</location>
</network>
</mediasources>

Why series doesn't have one of these entries is what makes this even weirder because that is also added to the library.
I guess it is "out of date" as the copy on my PC has not been touched since March 2015. And it only lists a single shared folder which looks out of date to my network.

When opening the other two files it is clear these are full of current working shares. I have six different video locations, and another five different music locations.

And yeah - editing the wrong file will lead to confusions... (And now I am getting them confused in my posts... mediasources.xml is the "OLD" one. Am now off to find the wiki page to confirm this)
My sources.xml is massive 204 lines
Pages: 1 2 3