Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to install kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Trying to install kodi on firestick without PCs, or android phone. Downloaded Es but when I click on arm nothing happens. Times automatically set, I can't find fighstarter on apps, I'm thinking thr firestick could be faulty, and ideas? Dangelus, not u mate, please don't reply,let someone else help.
Dangelis, there was no helpful advice on previous threads,and u will trash this one as well no doubt. But only because you are a petulant child. Get a life.
How about no?
You're not going to get any help here with that attitude. Kiss your stick bye bye!
Ok, if you can't help, and it's obvious you can't because it must be a difficult fix, just say so, lol.
Btw, the first 2 times I asked for help here I was imeadiatly accused of wanting to be spoon fed and directed to google, like I never tried that first, then the threads were trashed, not helpful and I didn't have this attitude when I first posted, lol.
No, the attitude started in the second post, after it was pointed out that this issue had been raised before, and you were even given a link to an example of a thread with discussion about it.

Kodi is free software, written by and supported by people on a volunteer basis, with no-one getting paid for any of it. Hence when we get users on here with "entitlement issues", it tends to upset people very quickly. We do however have forum rules (wiki), the very first of which is "1. Be civil. ". And coming out with quotes like "Dangelus, not u mate, please don't reply,let someone else help." isn't exactly in that vein (and given he is a Moderator here, not the most sensible move). I read that and shall we say was not exactly motivated to help, as were several others judging by the replies.

So you have two choices, either you sort your attitude out and we can try and assist you, or you carry on and we can ban you. Simple choice, which is it going to be?
I just simply asked if anyone could help, then dangelus pointed out the issue had been raised before, (obviously as it still hasn't been resolved but being a first time user how am I supposed to know that? ) then accused me of wanting to be spoonfed, sent links to places i've already visited simply telling me the correct way to sideload kodi, BUT when I click on the arm link it all falls down because the link doesn't work. At no point was I given helpful advice and the first 2 posts were trashed, by dangelus, again not helpful, hence the request that he didn't try to help again, I wasn't being rude So any help out there? or am I going to be banned for being persistant?
Being a first time user doesn't stop you actually doing a bit of research, either on Google or just looking through the threads here to see if anything has already been reported on this issue, or a solution may have been offered. There was no indication of any of that. Nor were there any indication of "places I've already visited" in anything you posted.

As a third party observer, it did come across as being rude, even if it wasn't meant so. No, you're not going to be banned as your attitude has calmed down somewhat in the last post or two. I'm prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and maybe others will also be willing to give it another go.

Anyway, can you detail exactly what you have already tried, so we're not repeating ourselves or stuff you've done? What methods have you tried to download Kodi and Firestarter, and do you have resources like a PC to use if necessary to download?
ok, thanks, i've not got a pc or android phone. using es file manager to load kodi but when I click on the arm link nothing happens, all the other links will work but not the arm one which is advised for the firestick. when I seach for firestarter in apps it isn't there so can't use that. I only bought the firestick as a friend recommended it but I'm not that bothered about it if there is something that's better, Roku 4 maybe?
(2016-03-04, 11:08)Strummer54 Wrote: [ -> ]I just simply asked if anyone could help, then dangelus pointed out the issue had been raised before, (obviously as it still hasn't been resolved but being a first time user how am I supposed to know that? ) then accused me of wanting to be spoonfed, sent links to places i've already visited simply telling me the correct way to sideload kodi, BUT when I click on the arm link it all falls down because the link doesn't work. At no point was I given helpful advice and the first 2 posts were trashed, by dangelus, again not helpful, hence the request that he didn't try to help again, I wasn't being rude So any help out there? or am I going to be banned for being persistant?

You said earlier that your time was set to auto update.check what time zone is auto set too. I sovled the problem and a friend of mine has solved it by doing it this way
(2016-03-04, 11:48)deeney01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-04, 11:08)Strummer54 Wrote: [ -> ]I just simply asked if anyone could help, then dangelus pointed out the issue had been raised before, (obviously as it still hasn't been resolved but being a first time user how am I supposed to know that? ) then accused me of wanting to be spoonfed, sent links to places i've already visited simply telling me the correct way to sideload kodi, BUT when I click on the arm link it all falls down because the link doesn't work. At no point was I given helpful advice and the first 2 posts were trashed, by dangelus, again not helpful, hence the request that he didn't try to help again, I wasn't being rude So any help out there? or am I going to be banned for being persistant?

You said earlier that your time was set to auto update.check what time zone is auto set too. I sovled the problem and a friend of mine has solved it by doing it this way

what time zone should I set it to?
Would be my advice too - confirm the settings on your firestick are correct for the location that you are actually in, and that you've got it enabled to use 3rd party sources for apk's.
(2016-03-04, 12:03)Strummer54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-04, 11:48)deeney01 Wrote: [ -> ]

what time zone should I set it to?

What country you live in. I live in England but my time zone was set for western Semoa.
(2016-03-04, 11:46)Strummer54 Wrote: [ -> ]...when I click on the arm link nothing happens...
Maybe it's just the way you've phrased it...

Have you downloaded the .apk from this site to your fire stick?
how do I install .APK from this site? can't see it anywhere.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/...bi-v7a.apk is the link to the apk. It's on the downloads page linked at the very top of every page of this forum, under Android - ARM.

That's what you need to install using ES File Explorer as detailed at :

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-sideload-...e-fire-tv/

Alternatively you're back to FireStarter

https://github.com/sphinx02/FireStarter/releases

If you haven't already, also have a look through the wiki entries on Fire TV (wiki) and especially the HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Fire TV (wiki) pages.

But as stated before, check all your stick's settings first as if you don't have it set to enable "Apps from unknown sources" then it's going to block you from sideloading the apk (and getting an apk from anywhere other than the Amazon Appstore).
Pages: 1 2 3