Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to update to Jarvis 16.0 using playstore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a strange situation with an MXiii box. I trashed the orginal Kodi install which had illegal addons and reinstalled Kodi 15.2 official version Now I want to upgrade to Jarvis 16.0 but when I go to playstore my only option are uninstall or open. When I chose open, it just starts up my existing 15.2. I would prefer not to uninstall because 1. I've created favorites, changed settings etc and would not want to lose all that and because 2. I'm a bit worried that if I uninstall 15.2 that I will still not get an option for installing 16.0. If situation 2 occurs, I won't have anything - neither 15.2 or 16. Is there anything with these Amlogic S802, MXii boxes, loaded with Android 4.4.2 which would make them incompatible/not upgradeable to 16.0? Does it have anything to do with the box being built and loaded with Android in China? I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks
You can download it here.

under the symbol of the Android robot, select "ARM"

after this is done go to downloads section in your Android and select this for installation.
I have an AMlogic MXIII S802, and have had no problems. Try installing without uninstalling 15.2, this can work and if so,You keep all your previous settings and add-ons.

My android box came with a pre-installed version of Kodi ver 14. To upgrade to 15.0 the first time I had to completely uninstall Kodi and then reinstall if from this site. I had to do this once. After that all Kodi updates go very smooth without the need to uninstall.
(2016-03-04, 18:09)horhota Wrote: [ -> ]I have a strange situation with an MXiii box. I trashed the orginal Kodi install which had illegal addons and reinstalled Kodi 15.2 official version Now I want to upgrade to Jarvis 16.0 but when I go to playstore my only option are uninstall or open. When I chose open, it just starts up my existing 15.2. I would prefer not to uninstall because 1. I've created favorites, changed settings etc and would not want to lose all that and because 2. I'm a bit worried that if I uninstall 15.2 that I will still not get an option for installing 16.0. If situation 2 occurs, I won't have anything - neither 15.2 or 16. Is there anything with these Amlogic S802, MXii boxes, loaded with Android 4.4.2 which would make them incompatible/not upgradeable to 16.0? Does it have anything to do with the box being built and loaded with Android in China? I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks
I went through the same situation with my android box all you have to do is uninstall then reinstall from the Play Store after the reinstall you should have Kodi 16.
Thank you to rrain and nemsis72. Your information and suggestions are much appreciated. Its good to see that others have had the same problem with this box and that uninstalling and reinstalling will work. Thanks again.
(2016-03-05, 01:35)horhota Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you to rrain and nemsis72. Your information and suggestions are much appreciated. Its good to see that others have had the same problem with this box and that uninstalling and reinstalling will work. Thanks again.
Yeah even though it said open when you went to the Play Store under Kodi even though you had 15.2 installed, but the play store said 16 and the button said open instead of update just press uninstall once done then after press install. After installation you should have Kodi 16 Jarvis that's what worked for me.