Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
morning all i am new to the forum but not kodi i have used the search feature and can not seem to find anyone complaining of the same issue i am having. i am running and mxq android and have had no issue running helix or isengaard but i can not seem to get jarvis to load. i have downloaded the arm file to my flash drive to install on my box as i have done with helix and isengaard and i can get jarvis to install but when i attempt opening it opens to the first screen that says kodi/version and then within 2 seconds (literally) it kicks me out of kodi and back to my home screen. i have reformatted my box multiple times now and tried reinstalling with several different issue each time: first issue was it decided to install 14.0 alpha then i am not sure what version it installed as i was not familiar with the title that came up, and now my most persistant issue is having jarvis install but will not open completely as i stated earlier. should i just reinstall isengaard?
If it's not broke, don't fix it...

Some hardware will not run the latest, many factors from the version of Android to the version of Kodi and how the hardware supports all of this. If you have a version that works well, stick with it.
Quote:should i just reinstall isengaard?
sure why not?
thanks pat but unfortunately it was not working correctly this morning which is why i decided to update to jarvis

on that note i have found a way to force the proper install of jarvis and i know the reason i was having issues was because after i reformatted my mxq (5 times consecutively to ensure all previously installed components are removed) i would do the initial setup up the box including my internet connection and date and time. it turned out that connecting to the internet was my issue because it would grab some of the file but because jarvis and isengaard are both based off at the very least 14.0 alpha it would just grab whatever it felt like so i was getting 14.0 alpha, 14.2 helix, 15.0 and 15.2 isengaard and not 16.0 jarvis. so i installed jarvis direct from the flash drive before setting up my internet connection and now it is working with out issue.

if anyone else has this issue i would suggest that after a reformat just to verify the previous version of kodi has been removed properly is set your box up with the internet connection and then set date and time before you do anything else. it is odd i l know but i found that some times after the reformat just setting the time brought kodi back to my box before i installed it
Glad you have it all in hand, might change the title to include the word [solved] so that others with issues can see your wise words.
Thread marked solved.