Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Black screen when booting Kodi 16.0 Jarvis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

I updated Kodi last night to 16.0 Jarvis and was experimenting with some skins. I tried Mimic skin which I liked but then out of nowhere my screen within Kodi went black and I couldn't see Movies, TV Shows, Settings... anything. Maybe it's not compatible yet but anyhow, I button mashed and switched back to Confluence by somehow bringing up settings. Not sure how but I did.

Anyways, now I'm back to a black screen. Still on confluence but when I boot up Kodi I can see it says it's scanning for new movies and episodes but that's all. I can't see my TV shows tab or movies or even my power button. If I move the mouse I can see the cursor but otherwise it's totally black screen. I've uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled it but that didn't work. It's just reverted back to giving me a black screen.

Is there anything I can do? I haven't been able to find a solution to this yet and if a total uninstall didn't fix it then I'm not exactly sure where to go next. I grabbed a debug log just in case it's helpful.

http://pastebin.com/xap3wvqB

Edit: Solved. I deleted guisettings.xml and it works now.
Love these self solving puzzles, marking the title [solved] passes on the good will.
would have saved me reading the whole post before you said it was solved thats for sure.
Could you explain how you solved this a bit more....
My android box is going to black screen this am and my hubby is t here to fix it so I need help Sad
The op solved it by "Edit: Solved. I deleted guisettings.xml and it works now. ", I doubt that is your issue. You'll need to supply a proper debug posted to a public paste-bin and linked back to your own thread.
Yeah that wont fix that problem PatK is the man for the job sir
I try to delete that file too.. But this action reset theme settings and other stuff, when you try to put your theme.. Problem come back