Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xperience1080 6.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Kodi released the final version of Krypton and I've bumped the skin to a final version (6.00.000) too.
By now it's available in the official Kodi add-on repository with the latest minor bugfixes.

I'm glad that so many users are still using the skin and I hope you enjoy it Smile
(2017-02-06, 11:01)xhaggi Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad that so many users are still using the skin and I hope you enjoy it Smile

Whenever I think it's time for a change of skin I try something new but always end up coming back to this but simply changing the background image to give it a fresh look. This design is like no other and has a professional set top box feel to it. Its functional, elegant and easy to use. The only thing I change is the TV tab to Live TV so when others are using it they don't go to the wrong TV section.

Thanks to you, Piers and others for the effort you put into it making it the success it is.

...that's enough sucking up... now to download the updated version.
(2017-02-03, 20:06)xhaggi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-31, 20:15)HediSIX Wrote: [ -> ]- In french, "Power" is translated "Alimentation", the length of the word result in a superposition with the "favorite" icon (this problem was also present in previous versions),

I've fixed that by adjusting the label size and disabling scrolling for the button labels.
This is fixed in the GitHub repo. Please download the master for now. Check the first post in this thread on how to process.

Thanks, I have updated to the latest version (both Kodi and X1080). This looks better now Cool But it's only working on the main page, when I select any category (movies, music, etc) the issue appears again when favorites is replaced by the "option" button.

(2017-01-31, 20:15)HediSIX Wrote: [ -> ]- For some reason the size of the panels is reduced on all the main pages except movies

Same issue like HansDampfHH noticed. The home screen is async to the selected category on the main menu. Go down to the power button and press again down. This will sync the home screen with the selected category on the main menu.

Perfect that did the job. Sometimes when I return to the main menu, it is out of sync again. It's just random and I just cant figure out any pattern behind the issue.

(2017-01-31, 20:15)HediSIX Wrote: [ -> ]- the custom widgets do not save. I have to redo the configuration when I restart the PC. (I had the same problem on a different computer under Kodi16)

Can't reproduce it.
Strange. I have used a trick given somewhere else on the forum: I have set the custom widgets and used the "reload skin" option, that seems to save the settings. I will try to reproduce the issue and let you know.

(2017-01-31, 20:15)HediSIX Wrote: [ -> ]- I have also some issues with the widgets on the main page

Please provide some more details.
On the main page I have set the right panel with "Ongoing TV shows" but it doesn't show anything.
Same problem with the option to show artist images when you play music, I now have a black screen.
I know these are based on third parties add-ons but they used to work on previous versions.

Additionally, on the music panel, I use the "random albums" widget. When I select an album it brings me to the album in the library, is there an option to play the album directly without going to the library?
I also have an issue with this panel: the normal behaviour when you go on the widget is to use down to force the scrolling which is clever because it allows to use right and left to select another item on the panel. it sometimes bug and switch to right and left for scrolling. It's happening very often.

Anyway, thank you for your work. I will keep reporting any other issues i find as this is the only skin I use on Kodi. It's the best for being used on a TV with a remote Cool !
Small feedback.
Now on Final and with latest xperience, still having the problem.
No big deal, i love the skin. So there is of course no alternative for me ;-)
"Ongoing TV shows" Widget on the mainpage is broken for me.
Using Kodi 16.1 it was showing the Episodes in the Format (EExSS) for example (04x09) and upon selection the playback of this episode started.
Now in Kodi 17 this Widget is broken for me. Showing something like (NUMBER_OF_SEASONS_AVAILABLE x TOTAL_NUMBER_OF_EPISODES) and opon selection nothing happens.
Also "New Episodes" also shows Seen episodes, although in skinwidgeds addon it is selected that they should not display.
Has someone other this problems too?
timozn
(2017-02-06, 22:58)timozn Wrote: [ -> ]"Ongoing TV shows" Widget on the mainpage is broken for me.
Using Kodi 16.1 it was showing the Episodes in the Format (EExSS) for example (04x09) and upon selection the playback of this episode started.
Now in Kodi 17 this Widget is broken for me. Showing something like (NUMBER_OF_SEASONS_AVAILABLE x TOTAL_NUMBER_OF_EPISODES) and opon selection nothing happens.
Also "New Episodes" also shows Seen episodes, although in skinwidgeds addon it is selected that they should not display.
timozn
Yeah, after OSMC update.
(2017-02-06, 20:13)HediSIX Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I have updated to the latest version (both Kodi and X1080). This looks better now Cool But it's only working on the main page, when I select any category (movies, music, etc) the issue appears again when favorites is replaced by the "option" button.

Thanks, never had the power button enabled on sub-windows. I think about to drop that setting option and the button because you can't do anything with it. It's only there for "symmetric reason".
BTW for now I've fixed that issue in the master.

(2017-02-06, 20:13)HediSIX Wrote: [ -> ]On the main page I have set the right panel with "Ongoing TV shows" but it doesn't show anything.
Same problem with the option to show artist images when you play music, I now have a black screen.
I know these are based on third parties add-ons but they used to work on previous versions.

I've to look at it.

(2017-02-06, 20:13)HediSIX Wrote: [ -> ]Additionally, on the music panel, I use the "random albums" widget. When I select an album it brings me to the album in the library, is there an option to play the album directly without going to the library?

I don't think so. This functionality is part of Kodi's core.

(2017-02-06, 20:13)HediSIX Wrote: [ -> ]I also have an issue with this panel: the normal behaviour when you go on the widget is to use down to force the scrolling which is clever because it allows to use right and left to select another item on the panel. it sometimes bug and switch to right and left for scrolling. It's happening very often.

After a quick look I can't reproduce it.
(2017-02-06, 22:15)HansDampfHH Wrote: [ -> ]Small feedback.
Now on Final and with latest xperience, still having the problem.
No big deal, i love the skin. So there is of course no alternative for me ;-)

I noticed that too, but not on my dev-setup, only on my HTPC. I need a deeper look at it.
(2017-02-06, 22:58)timozn Wrote: [ -> ]"Ongoing TV shows" Widget on the mainpage is broken for me.
timozn

I've rewritten the entire widget stuff to use smart playlists and "Ongoing TV shows" selects seasons instead of episodes. That's the reason why you can't directly play an item.
Go into the folder "playlists" within the skin.experience1080 folder. There you'll find the playlist file "ongoing_tvshows.xsp".

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>Ongoing tv shows</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <limit>10</limit>
    <rule field="inprogress" operator="true" />
    <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</smartplaylist>

As you can see, the type is "tvshows" and Kodi selects seasons instead of episodes. Feel free to change the type to "episodes" (see http://kodi.wiki/view/smart_playlists#Types).
I don't care which type we use. Let me know what you (I mean all of you) prefer and I'll change it to episode.
(2017-02-07, 10:41)xhaggi Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care which type we use. Let me know what you (I mean all of you) prefer and I'll change it to episode.

I really liked the fact, that i could easyly start the lastest unseen episode of a series. Especially if I wasn't bingewatching it. As of now, the Widget only displays how my libary is filled. This would be "okay" for me, if I could still start the latest episode upon selection.
The fact that i dont have to navigate through menues makes this skin so outstanding compared to others. So for me I really would like to have the widget the old way (EExSS).
But maybe you could add Ongoing Series (Next Episode) and Ongoing Series (Overview) as an option for this widget.

Keep the great work up. Love this Skin.
I notice when switching from Home > TV > Movies > TV Shows > Music > Pictures ect, sections, part of the previous section remains on the left hand side and the part of next section is on the right - highlighted in red.

How do I revert to the old way, where only the selected section is shown?

thanks
(2017-02-07, 10:41)xhaggi Wrote: [ -> ]I've rewritten the entire widget stuff to use smart playlists and "Ongoing TV shows" selects seasons instead of episodes.

Why spoiled you this? This was very good. Now some series disappeared from ongoing tvseries. How repair this? Where can i find the series I'm currently watching? Which database?
(2017-02-07, 10:18)xhaggi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, never had the power button enabled on sub-windows. I think about to drop that setting option and the button because you can't do anything with it. It's only there for "symmetric reason".
BTW for now I've fixed that issue in the master.
Thanks. You're right, I cant use the "Power" button when I am in the library ! I actually never noticed that (I never tried in fact) Confused
I agree with you. I think that it would not be strange if the "power" button would only be available in the main screen and would disappear and be replaced by the "option" button when browsing the library.

(2017-02-07, 10:18)xhaggi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-06, 20:13)HediSIX Wrote: [ -> ]On the main page I have set the right panel with "Ongoing TV shows" but it doesn't show anything.

I've to look at it.

I did further test, and I actually made a mistake: The "Ongoing TV Shows" is actually displaying the tv shows I am currently watching but I can't select the widget and the episode number is wrong (as an example I have "The Walking Dead" tv show displayed with episode "6x83" in the text wich does not exist. So same behaviour as Timozn.
The widget that did not show anything was the "Trending TV Shows". I like to have the Widgets "Movies in theaters" and "trending tv shows" on the main page to stay up to date. Cool

(2017-02-06, 20:13)HediSIX Wrote: [ -> ]Additionally, on the music panel, I use the "random albums" widget. When I select an album it brings me to the album in the library, is there an option to play the album directly without going to the library?
I don't think so. This functionality is part of Kodi's core.
For some reason I thought that this was the actual behaviour in the previous release. But I am not sure so I may be wrong.

(2017-02-06, 20:13)HediSIX Wrote: [ -> ]I also have an issue with this panel: the normal behaviour when you go on the widget is to use down to force the scrolling which is clever because it allows to use right and left to select another item on the panel. it sometimes bug and switch to right and left for scrolling. It's happening very often.

After a quick look I can't reproduce it.
I did additional tests and it's actually happening every time I do the following:
I start Kodi, go to the music panel, select an album shown on the widget, I arrive in the library an play the album. I am then brought back to the music panel, I can see the widget reloading and show other albums. When I return to the widget the commands are messed up. I need to restart kodi or reload the skin to resolve the issue. I have reproduced this scenario several times.
(2017-02-07, 12:28)timozn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-07, 10:41)xhaggi Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care which type we use. Let me know what you (I mean all of you) prefer and I'll change it to episode.

I really liked the fact, that i could easyly start the lastest unseen episode of a series. Especially if I wasn't bingewatching it. As of now, the Widget only displays how my libary is filled. This would be "okay" for me, if I could still start the latest episode upon selection.
The fact that i dont have to navigate through menues makes this skin so outstanding compared to others. So for me I really would like to have the widget the old way (EExSS).
But maybe you could add Ongoing Series (Next Episode) and Ongoing Series (Overview) as an option for this widget.

Keep the great work up. Love this Skin.

I'd second this, is there any chance of getting the original behaviour restored using skin widgets? It was much more useful when it showed the latest unseen episode of a series and it was clickable. In it's current form it's pretty useless.
@tungmeister please read http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2518667

Let me know if this fix your issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14