Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amcodec on 15.2 zooming on AV output.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I have a OTT M8S S812 box. It came with Kodi 15.2 preinstalled but was crippled without PVR support. I replaced it with various versions of Kodi and finally settled on a WETEK version of 15.2 with corrected permissions. I have also added Mode setting via init.d . All works very well on HDMI output and I can enable all three HW decoding options. AMcodec is working well. However I have a persistent problem as the box is been used on a TV with only AV input. Here when using the AV output I get zooming on the playback stream such that I can only see the top left hand corner of the screen. I have dug around and tested various builds and it seems to be a long standing bug. The HDMI used to have a similar problem on most builds but it was resolved with Kodi 15.2, but it seems that no one looked into the AV support when fixing that bug so it lingers on.
This has a knock on issue in that I have to disable amcodec support and fall back to libstagefright. The debug log shows that on first switch on this is working and playback is good even on problem mpeg4 content. However as soon as you change channel it falls back to ffmpeg decoding and stays that way. This makes it all but unusuable for those demanding mpeg4 streams which are the national transmission standard here in Ireland. This second one is a persistent error which seem to go back at least a year.

After much searching i cannot find solutions to either of these issues short of replacing the TV (not currently an option).

I even attempted to use an external player such as MXPlayer and VLC but could not get this feature to work on my box.

Is there an obscure build available out there which solves these issues Huh I have a feeling that neither issue will be looked into again since most people (including myself) have fully funcyoning and excellent Amcodec support on HDMI out of the box.

I suspect this boils down to an issue with the Android box defaulting to 1920*1080 which is so obviously out of whack with a AV formatted signal. I also suspect that it boils down to the way that Android handles the display as an intermediary buffer. The obvious solution would seem to be to migrate to Openelec where the display stack is handled in a more conventional manner - but there are no build for my box at the moment.

Stephen