Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DD and DTS passthrough Philips Android TV 55PUS8601
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On this Philips Android TV optical connected to my surround system, it's possible to listen to 5.1DD and DTS sound from it's own mediaplayer, Netflix app etc. When I use Kodi 16 (downloaded from the playstore), it goes wrong.
With the basic settings of Kodi 16, I don't have any DD or DTS sound on my receiver.
When I highlight "Passtrough" in the Kodi's sound settings, I hear a very loud "snow" noise on my receiver. The tv's own volume setting goes immediatly to maximum when I start playing a movie and the same loud noise like on my receiver.
TV's audiosetting is on "Multichannel".

I've read the same issues in this forum on some Sony android tv's. Some people seems to fix that with the tv's own audio settings on Auto 1 or 2.
My Philips has only "Multichannel" or "Stereo (PCM)".

Is there a way to solve this problem on my Philips tv?

thanks!
Gert
Exactly the same problem with my model 55pfk6510. Is there a solution to this bug yet?
Thank you,
Lenart
Seems to be a problem in Kodi v16.
I followed a similar topic about Sony Android tv. They have the same issues. We have to wait on Kodi v17
Hi
I had that problem before . But now it's ok
Contact with your Philips dealer there is new software for the tv available only with them. Not in there site
In the internet. Then everything will be ok
I work on the office of a Philips dealer. ;-)
There is new software available for the PFL8601, but it doesn't solve the problem and it creates new problems...
Same thing with 55PUS7101 Sad
Also I have a faulty optical audio connector where it's impossible to insert optical audio cable. Nicely done Philips...F.. morons..
I'm tracking audio PT status here.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257713

DD is supported if you sideload a PT version of Kodi.
DTS is not supported because it is part of Android M.
Maybe your TV will be updated to support it in the future.