Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Two recurring error messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get - often enough to be an issue - two warnings:

1/ "dependancies not met....". Various flavours of this, but all start with the same thing..."dependencies...."

2/ " <Insert program or addon name here> has <done something bad>. Check the log etc...

Regarding #1:
How do I determine WHAT is a dependency?

Regarding #2:
Where do I find the logfiles?

debug log (wiki) please
(2016-03-08, 17:00)Derek Wrote: [ -> ]debug log (wiki) please

Link doesn't work. Just looking for info pertaining to the above, not a solution. General discussion.
Its all in the wiki buddy
1) dependencies not met usually means something missing from the add-on (library perhaps) or something in the skin didn't load or was dependant on, or in some cases a miss match of skin vs Kodi build. 2) which causes a failure of some segment of code, and a notice to user is thrown to the screen. With debug tagged on, and a look with an editor or notepad through the user log, it should be obvious what the issue is. Failing that, please post your debug-log to a public pastebin, and paste that pages link to this thread.

Be aware of Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki)
Any addons from kodi.tv repository wont give you grief just the ones PatK has mentioned.
Sometimes required add-ons don't download (for example, problems with mirrors) and you get that dependency error when attempting to install or enable a new add-on. It isn't just a function of banned add-ons. Often trying to install it later will succeed.

scott s.
Maybe i've just been lucky then