Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-06-22, 19:55)Draghmar Wrote: [ -> ]And what about remote? I'll wait for the Play2 then but I'd like to buy better remote somehow. I read in wrxtasy review that there's a chance you will give us a way to buy it but when?

Also - you should really be more clear to the customers. I mean I know what you have wrote here because I have time during day to watch for new posts but I don't each of your potential customers has and without clarification there's always room for imagination...bad imagination. Wink You should just create subpage for Play 2 and Play 2S with all the info you wrote here and TBA and things like that when you don't have clear answer. At least this way everyone will know how things are. Smile

I think the same, it is hard to have to read 24 pages to try to find some information for exemple about release date of the Play2 (in the page 24 somebody said September, Droidelec said July/August, some pages ago you can read begining July ...), Play2 will have 2gb of RAM (and 8gb of storage or 16gb?), do you plan to offer a kit (like Minix is doing with their A2 keyboard remote), etc... I think the logical place to put all that information for your customers is in your web page...
We only try to buy your boxes now or decide if we wait or buy others, but you make it so difficult with the lack of information.
I will ask WeTek directly for updated information on the Play2 / 2S boxes and post dates and updated information in the one spot in Post #1.
Splitting the Play2 and Play2S into separated sections will be needed as well I can see, now the Play2S is delayed.

That will save a lot of repeated questions being asked I would think.

(2016-06-22, 19:51)pyrodex Wrote: [ -> ]So if the Play2s won't have anything more ground breaking than the Play2 it looks like the different between the HUB and the Play2 is more USB ports and Tuners on the PLAY2, AC WIFI on the HUB right? They list S905-H but does the HUB have the VER-C 905?
I believe the Play 2S is in a state of Flux, ie subject to Tech changes.
It will be WeTeks's premium product with a bunch of special sauce and top spec ingredients stuffed into it I'm told. Wink

Yes the Hub has AC WiFi, see the seperate Hub thread as that has all the verified Tech Specs.

Quote:Since I use MythTV and if the HUB comes with a native IR that will work with LibreELEC the only reason I would use the USB would be for a keyboard/mouse combo that I can think of and the WIFI isn't a big deal since I prefer wired. Does the HUB sound like it would work to replace my AMD A6-3500 APU so I can bitstream HD audio codecs on my 5.1 setup?
The last few days i've been testing out the Dual Boot Android / OpenELEC setup on the Hub and watching TV with the TvHeadend Add-On client. TV streams coming from a seperate TvHeadend server, and even over WiFi - 1080i streams play perfectly fine both with OpenELEC Kodi and Android Kodi. I feed my TV AC3 5.1 Audio passthrough over HDMI. It all works. Android Kodi and OpenELEC Kodi is pretty damn snappy !

I also have 7.1 True HD and DTS-HD MA/HRA passthrough already working on a very similar S905 device called the ODROID C2. It will be a no brainer to get HD Audio up and running with OE / LE on the Hub as well. 7.1 HD Audio already works on the Hub when using the Android WeTek (Kodi) Jarvis mediaplayer.
There seems to be a lot of discussion about whether devices have 802.11n, 802.11ac etc. but very little discussion on the number of aerials/antennae being used ? Don't modern WiFi systems benefit significantly from MIMO style operation?
(2016-06-23, 03:35)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]It will be WeTeks's premium product with a bunch of special sauce and top spec ingredients stuffed into it I'm told. Wink
So what exactly that could be? I mean from what I see most features are already in Hub and will be in Play2. And beside moving to higher chip, what else is there to add?
Maybe some special Wetek Herb's and Spices to go with the Special Sauce and top spec ingredients. Wink
I would speculate exact details are going to be kept under wraps if a Play 2S product is not going to be released for another 6-8 months.
Why let the competition know what your up to ?
I know that they won't tell us anything but I thought maybe your experience could foretell us something. Tongue
(2016-06-23, 08:37)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]There seems to be a lot of discussion about whether devices have 802.11n, 802.11ac etc. but very little discussion on the number of aerials/antennae being used ? Don't modern WiFi systems benefit significantly from MIMO style operation?

MU-MIMO is the goalWink but IMHO not in this case or not today yet...
I'm asking about 802.11ac only because I would like to know if Play2 will operate in 5GHz band. I don't care about Wave1/Wave2 as it's separate case. Of course, WiFi adapter with MU-MIMO will be great benefit for the future use but still we even are not sure about basic specification...
Still trying to figure out (though its been discussed), will the Play 2 (not S) have a dual DVB-S2 card, don't mean two different tuners combined e.g. one DVB-S/one DVB-T, but 2xDVB-S2, like the Play used too ?

Also I gather it'll work with Netflix fine, does that also mean it'll work well with Hulu and will it work work that Amazon Prime app that seems to get so many one star reviews ?
(2016-06-23, 23:31)arrbee99 Wrote: [ -> ]Still trying to figure out (though its been discussed), will the Play 2 (not S) have a dual DVB-S2 card, don't mean two different tuners combined e.g. one DVB-S/one DVB-T, but 2xDVB-S2, like the Play used too ?

Also I gather it'll work with Netflix fine, does that also mean it'll work well with Hulu and will it work work that Amazon Prime app that seems to get so many one star reviews ?

(2016-06-18, 15:59)droidelec Wrote: [ -> ]Play 2 is single tuner version, but there will exist standard tuners line-up like Satellite, Hybrid (C/T/T2) & ATSC. Who knows, maybe combo tuner as well for S/C/T/T2 Big Grin
(2016-06-24, 01:15)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-23, 23:31)arrbee99 Wrote: [ -> ]Still trying to figure out (though its been discussed), will the Play 2 (not S) have a dual DVB-S2 card, don't mean two different tuners combined e.g. one DVB-S/one DVB-T, but 2xDVB-S2, like the Play used too ?

(2016-06-18, 15:59)droidelec Wrote: [ -> ]Play 2 is single tuner version, but there will exist standard tuners line-up like Satellite, Hybrid (C/T/T2) & ATSC. Who knows, maybe combo tuner as well for S/C/T/T2 Big Grin

Isn't that a retrograde step ? Am sure I've seen the Play (old model) can be ordered with 2xDVB-S2 tuners. If the Play 2S comes with 2xS2 tuners can't the Play 2 be ordered with that as well, or are the tuners going to be built in and hence non swappable.
(2016-06-24, 01:55)arrbee99 Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't that a retrograde step ? Am sure I've seen the Play (old model) can be ordered with 2xDVB-S2 tuners. If the Play 2S comes with 2xS2 tuners can't the Play 2 be ordered with that as well, or are the tuners going to be built in and hence non swappable.

I asked this back here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2360449 but was missed by droidelec
Sorry, incorrect post; please delete.
(2016-06-24, 03:50)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-24, 01:55)arrbee99 Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't that a retrograde step ? Am sure I've seen the Play (old model) can be ordered with 2xDVB-S2 tuners. If the Play 2S comes with 2xS2 tuners can't the Play 2 be ordered with that as well, or are the tuners going to be built in and hence non swappable.

I asked this back here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2360449 but was missed by droidelec

Yes, looking at that, when droidelec said 'Play 2 is the single tuner version' I was confused as to if that meant single DVB-S2 tuner which is bad / regressive, or maybe meant single TYPE of tuner, i.e. can't have two tuners of different types in Play 2.

Would be nice to know as I wouldn't like to be forced to get a Play 2S just for that (personally not that interested in the posh remote and other bits).
(2016-06-18, 15:59)droidelec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-18, 15:57)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]Will all the tuner options just be twin tuners like 2xDVB-S2 or 2xDVB-C/T/T2 or combo with 1xDVB-S2 and 1xDVB-C/T/T2

Play 2 is single tuner version, but there will exist standard tuners line-up like Satellite, Hybrid (C/T/T2) & ATSC. Who knows, maybe combo tuner as well for S/C/T/T2 Big Grin

I think he meant single tuner, for C and T, meaning no combo tuner, as standard DVB-S is twin tuner.
Usb Dvb-T2 tuners works on enigma?