Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-08-19, 09:22)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-19, 09:04)JoBcn Wrote: [ -> ]How do you explain in the same page Wetek says: 'SHIPPING: WeTek Play ships for free worldwide from Europe Union (Slovenia)'. and they is charging a trasnport fees?
Minor delay? They were announced in early March and promised availability some times with different dates...
I am not discusing the final price, but the fact they are charging transport cost when in the same page they are saying the Shipping Cost are FREE.

If there is an issue with the shipping situation then that is different. I don't know what the correct shipping is supposed to be, but I'm sure that will be clarified soon. You have my sincere apologies about there being any confusion regarding that. My previous comment was only about the delay and the accusation of deception.

Thanks Ned for your answer, in fact I wanted to say "disappointed", not "Deceived" (in spanish Dissapointed = decepcionado and I confused the words). Sorry
So, I am not "deceived" with Wetek but only "Dissapointed" with the delay and the transport topic
I stil believe in Wetek software and technology, if not I were not here waiting for the Play2 or Play2S even with more advanced hardware (905X, 912...) but poorer software boxes in the market now.
ah, that makes more sense :)

Sorry if my words came off harshly as well :)
Oh fun, what to do - I want one...but I don't need one...I know, but I still want one....but I don't neeeed one...but, but, but
(2016-08-19, 12:14)arrbee99 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh fun, what to do - I want one...but I don't need one...I know, but I still want one....but I don't neeeed one...but, but, but

I'm in the same situation! Rofl
The Statement on the wetek shop site is true...
.The play is shipping free...
But not the Hub, Play2, Core ... It is still a nice eye catcher I stumbled over when I pre ordered my Hub.

Since the PLAY won't show inside the shop anymore ... This is really upsetting ... "Play ships free? Has to be the Play2, but why not?!"
(Don't know if it is fixed already ... Haven't seen it, but haven't proceeded to checkout anyway)

Just found the "activate device" option on wetek site.
Dosn't the Hub has a membership card?
And for what is the double sided sticker? (the big square?)
(2016-08-19, 15:14)Stimmenhotel Wrote: [ -> ](Don't know if it is fixed already ... Haven't seen it, but haven't proceeded to checkout anyway)
I just checked that just for you and they did remove this message as they told they will do. Wink
So is there any way at all to get Amazon Prime on a Play 2 ? The answer I guess is no but is it a definite no ?
(2016-08-20, 00:36)arrbee99 Wrote: [ -> ]So is there any way at all to get Amazon Prime on a Play 2 ? The answer I guess is no but is it a definite no ?
I guess you can get it,, but i dont think you will get HD. Has amazon only allows it on amazon devices and windows, but im just guessing
(2016-08-20, 01:35)Tó Madeira Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-20, 00:36)arrbee99 Wrote: [ -> ]So is there any way at all to get Amazon Prime on a Play 2 ? The answer I guess is no but is it a definite no ?
I guess you can get it,, but i dont think you will get HD. Has amazon only allows it on amazon devices and windows, but im just guessing
I've already got a FireTV, so its not that important, but it would be really nice to have for that 'all-in-one' solution the Play 2 very nearly is for me.
(2016-08-20, 01:57)arrbee99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-20, 01:35)Tó Madeira Wrote: [ -> ]
I've already got a FireTV, so its not that important, but it would be really nice to have for that 'all-in-one' solution the Play 2 very nearly is for me.

This is what I have heard too.
Amazon seems to limit HD to FireOS Devices .... I can't test it on my hub, since I am mussing prime Wink
HD Amazon Prime video is actually possible using the Chrome browser. Use "request desktop site" and just go to the normal Amazon Prime website. I think it's using software decoding because it stutters sometimes on the Hub. Might be able to coax better performance on it with another browser, because Chrome was acting really buggy for me for any site. It was slow just to load the page.

EDIT: might not be 1080. Looks like maybe 720. Better than the tablet app, but not 1080.
What is gonna be different with the play 2 and the play 2s
IIRC, Play2S will have an internal SATA connection, dual internal tuner options, and some kind of slot that is used over in Europe for satellite. Also, a really nice remote with keyboard.
(2016-08-20, 15:36)sandogo1 Wrote: [ -> ]What is gonna be different with the play 2 and the play 2s

Play S2 :
- Smart Card reader
- Remote with Keyboard
- Microphone and Headphone jack
- mSATA connector
- 2GB RAM & 16GB eMMC
- + AC WiFi
- Dual Tuner
- s912 SoC.
- CI Slot (include CIPlus)

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...ment_38185

It didn't seem to be corrected by anyone there so i guess it's right