Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi daniel,

AMLogic SOC's, current line-up does not support USB 3.0, and seems that even S912 will not support it as well. Hub board is so minimalistic in sense of size 5x5 cm, so we cannot fit on it 2 GB RAM, but we managed to fit gigabit ethernet and AC wifi. We always doing huge testing before release any of our product and performance of Hub with Android 5.1 and 6.0 is amazing, fast and snappy Smile
(2016-03-19, 11:20)droidelec Wrote: [ -> ]We always doing huge testing before release any of our product and performance of Hub with Android 5.1 and 6.0 is amazing, fast and snappy Smile

Hi, there is any chance to release the new boxes with Android 6.0 done that you already are testing it?
If Android 6.0 pass all tests, including those where we test different streaming apps which use DRM, for sure in that case we will release it with Android 6.0. In case we release with Android 5.1 we willfor sure make update at 6.0.
Is there some chance for preorder discounts for forum membersHuh
Hopefully at least the Hub or better all new boxes without mouse will use the TV profile of Android, so it will be completely usable with the remote.

Can someone comment on that please.
(2016-03-19, 10:59)danielk Wrote: [ -> ]@droidelec, can you please answer my prev quiestion here?
thanks.
The soc does not support usb 3.0 and the hub was anounced with 1GB...
(2016-03-19, 10:59)danielk Wrote: [ -> ]@droidelec, can you please answer my prev quiestion here?
thanks.

the soc does not have usb3 support.
(2016-03-19, 11:20)droidelec Wrote: [ -> ]Hi daniel,

AMLogic SOC's, current line-up does not support USB 3.0, and seems that even S912 will not support it as well. Hub board is so minimalistic in sense of size 5x5 cm, so we cannot fit on it 2 GB RAM, but we managed to fit gigabit ethernet and AC wifi. We always doing huge testing before release any of our product and performance of Hub with Android 5.1 and 6.0 is amazing, fast and snappy Smile

thanks for the replay. and thanks also for other members that answered.
waiting for your annouce... i'll consider this products because OE will support it.
im really lookong forward for this box. im dying to have low powered hevc main 10 in my living room. please let us know the pre order date in advance!
yes,any news from wetek considering new amlogic products for 2016 year.
Any update on shipping dates and prices?
Finally an HD Audio / 10bit HEVC box at a decent price! Waiting for the release date.
@droidelec: will the hub at least be running Android TV? Without a mouse function in d remote it would be great to have Android TV on it, as everything then is usable with that remote. Can you confirm it will be the TV profile of Android used on the Hub?
WeTek Hub testing has commenced..... with a bare development board, running Android Lollipop... Smile
Will there be support for 4k HDR?