Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android Network Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, this is probably going to be a long winded post but I'll try and make it as simple as possible to avoid confusion. Firstly some prior information that will help your understanding:

I own two Android boxes, one is located in room 1 and the second in room 2.
My router is located in room 3.
In both room 1 and 2 I obviously have a TV to plug the box into. I will refer to these as TV 1 in room 1 and TV 2 in room 2.
Neither boxes are working via Ethernet for whatever reason and display a connection failed message after a few minutes attempting to connect.

I bought an android box to use with Kodi. I used it in room 2 with TV 2 and it worked perfectly. I am getting speeds of around 30mb so streaming isn't an issue. Because of this I wanted another to use on TV 1 in room 1. After receiving this and testing streams I found it doesn't work as well, after doing an Internet connection test I found out I'm getting speeds anywhere between 0.35mb and 3mb (on a good day). Bare in mind room 1 is located closer to my routed than room 2. All other devices work fine in that room e.g. iPhones, iPads and laptops. I thought there was an issue with the box but after testing it in room 2 I found that it was receiving the same speeds. I returned it to room 1 where I moved it round, switched off other devices to make sure there was no interference. This did not help. I then decided to move the TV from room 2 and the android box from room 1 into room 3 next to the router. This worked fine and I was getting good speeds and streaming was not an issue. Because of this I bought a long HDMI cable to run from the android box in room 3 to the TV in room 1 to use when streaming only (the cable wasn't convenient but it was all that I could think of). At this point the android box is next to the routed but plugged into the TV in room 1. Once again my speeds are shocking.

I feel like I have eliminated all possible issues with the box itself, network issues and interference but have not found a solution to this!

It has been driving me insane and I just don't know what to try next. If anyone has some ideas then any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!