Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Jinxbox M6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everyone i am new to this forum and am not overly familiar with my m6 jinxbox, my problem is that i can not find
( allow apps from outside sources) in the settings menu, i go into settings, Privacy and Security and there is No allow apps from outside sources anywhere to be found, i am running Kodi 14.2 and want to update to the newest version, where else could it be, this box had a factory reset done and would only allow me to install the 14.2 version, the 15 and 16 version will download but gives me a parsing error when trying to install, is it possible my
firmware is to outdated, when the jinxbox boots up it says Frodo ?, all help would be great, thanks in advance
Yes you need Android 4.4.2 for 15.2 and 16.

You'll need find out if your firmware can be upgraded.
thanks Dangelus, now for my next question, how do i find out if my firmware can be updated and what is involved?
(2016-03-08, 20:35)scottytn85 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks Dangelus, now for my next question, how do i find out if my firmware can be updated and what is involved?

That is beyond the scope of this forum as it is not Kodi related. Unless somebody on this forum has the same box and has the answer of course.

I would suggest a bit of Googling is in order.
i will do some research on it, at least i know now that my firmware is not compatible ,thanks again