Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Troubling setting up TV stuff, help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am switching from directv to just kodi throughout my house. I installed an antenna on the roof the other day. I have kodi setup on one of my htpc's. I am using Amber skin. I have 2 hdhomerun extend's. I have hdhomerun app installed on pc and hdhr on kodi. I have tried enabling mythtv pvr addon and iptv addon and nextpvr addon and there is no TV option on my main menu in kodi.. I can't find a way to add it either.. only way to bring up tv is running the hdhomerun app and that just brings up basic hdhr viewer with no guide, no pausing tv etc.

Before I used amber I had the default skin, I added the hdhr stuff and pvr client and it automatically added a TV option on the main kodi home screen.. had guide option etc.. I could pause and so on. I did a clean install of kodi after running into some other problems and moved to amber (I prefer it) and now the TV stuff is not coming up.. could someone point me in the right direction on resolving this issue please.

thanks!

*** Okay, I went in and disabled all pvr apps and turned off TV in the settings.(kodi crashed after this, while disabling tv) I then went back in and enabled nextpvr add on and reenabled TV in the settings and now I have the TV menu on the home screen.. I had tried this multiple times previously but for some reason it stuck this time..... but now the guide is empty, ideas how to get the guide working properly? Will I be able to setup series recordings in this guide now btw?

thanks again all for any input.
Guessing here, but I think you need a backend http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_backend that supports your HDhomerun. You set up the backend on a PC and then enable the associated PVR add-on in kodi and all should be good !!

According to the wiki, MythTV supports the HDhomerun, as does NextPVR (assuming you are running windows).

As you mentioned NextPVR, there is a wiki http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...QuickStart to help you set up the backend. Once thats running correctly, your guide should populate automatically in Kodi.
I am pretty sure that you need to provide an external xmltv.xml file. I pay $25/yr to schedulesdirect for the service. You may also be able to use mc2xml which may or may not function at this point in time.

also may want to look into this which will pull info directly from the hdhr http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:HDHomeRun
The HDHomeRun app is not the PVR backend, but it will let you view live tv on your tuners. The HDHomeRun PVR backend integrates with Kodi's system for live TV and EPG.

Most other PVR backends require a different piece of software to be running and configured.
Thanks all for the replies. I have it working now except the guide still.. So if I were to use schedulesdirect will that automatically replace the Guide option under TV in the home menu? Right now I have TV heading in my home screen (using NextPVR in kodi) and under that TV heading is a channels, guide, recordings and timer. Will the guide option there now (which is not filled in) be replaced automatically with the schedulesdirect guide once I get/install that? If not how would I set that up? Also once the guide is working is that where I setup series recordings and so on? Or is there somewhere to search for shows I want to add to recording schedule?

thanks all!
(2016-03-08, 22:03)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty sure that you need to provide an external xmltv.xml file. I pay $25/yr to schedulesdirect for the service. You may also be able to use mc2xml which may or may not function at this point in time.

also may want to look into this which will pull info directly from the hdhr http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:HDHomeRun

Yeah, I thought there was a guide from/for hdhomerun I am just not sure what needs to be installed for that. I do have hdhomerun installed in kodi but I think with having nextpvr installed its using its own thing and not the hdhomerun stuff. Is there a way to use them both together? guide from hdhomerun and the dvr features of nextpvr?
(2016-03-10, 02:21)ShuhDonk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-08, 22:03)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty sure that you need to provide an external xmltv.xml file. I pay $25/yr to schedulesdirect for the service. You may also be able to use mc2xml which may or may not function at this point in time.

Yeah, I thought there was a guide from/for hdhomerun I am just not sure what needs to be installed for that. I do have hdhomerun installed in kodi but I think with having nextpvr installed its using its own thing and not the hdhomerun stuff. Is there a way to use them both together? guide from hdhomerun and the dvr features of nextpvr?

No. Silicon Dust has only licensed the guide data to be used with their applications. They do not provide an API to access their information. For use with other software you need to provide the guide data in another way.
(2016-03-10, 03:01)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-10, 02:21)ShuhDonk Wrote: [ -> ]

No. Silicon Dust has only licensed the guide data to be used with their applications. They do not provide an API to access their information. For use with other software you need to provide the guide data in another way.

Okay, fair enough.. how do I setup and use schedules direct to work with nextpvr guide? (after I subscribe to schedules direct)

thanks again!

**Okay, I have it all setup and appears to be working. There a way to search to add recordings or do you have to do it through the guide?
There should be a search item in the side bar when you're in TV windows. If you don't see it then it's a bug in the skin you're using.