Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: recently added movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello to whom it may concern could you please tell me how to enter Recently Added Movies to Jarvis thank you
Do you have your local movies library set up? They should populate from there.
Is there a way to increase the number of moves in the 'recently added movies' list?
How to set up local MOVIES library Thank you
It will not let me add movies it will let me add video Is it because they are on a hard drive or because they are rips Thank you
Read the link.
If you have a folder containing films add it as a source in videos.
Set the content to Movies.
Scan.
And you have Movies.

Rips are fine - as long as they're named properly. Again, have a read of the wiki, have a read around here.
Hello to whom it may concern I think what the problem is I have a share error Anyone have any ideas or fix if possible Thank you in advance
Why do you think you have a 'share issue'? Can you not see the video files in kodi?
If not ... start a new thread - nobody will look in here for share issues.
Describe the problem in detail. Where's the share? What happens when you try to connect?
Post a debug log (see wiki).
Hello there the reason I think it's a share problem is because when trying to get to library my Hard Disk does'nt show although I can play my rips outside of library I thought I was doing the right thing by keeping it in the thread I would like to have a nice library metadata but it does'nt seem to be working out thanking you
If you can play the files then you can access the share.
Are your films all in 1 folder?
Is that folder one of your sources in 'Videos'?
What happens when you try to set content on that (or any) folder?
It keeps telling me it timed out
You can play the files in a folder.
But it times out if you try to set content on the same folder.

Is that right? Or have I misunderstoood?
I've never come across that - a debug log (see the wiki) might shed some light.
(2016-03-09, 12:11)deaded Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to increase the number of moves in the 'recently added movies' list?

Yes, that's pretty easy.

You need to edit / create the AdvancedSettings.xml (wiki) file, take a look at the recentlyaddeditems tag.

If you don't already have an advancedsettings.xml you could just cut & paste this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <videolibrary>
      <recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

.. change the number (35) to anything you want like 9999.
(2016-03-12, 05:03)Gothicawakening Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-09, 12:11)deaded Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to increase the number of moves in the 'recently added movies' list?

Yes, that's pretty easy.

You need to edit / create the AdvancedSettings.xml (wiki) file, take a look at the recentlyaddeditems tag.

If you don't already have an advancedsettings.xml you could just cut & paste this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <videolibrary>
      <recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

.. change the number (35) to anything you want like 9999.

Thanks Goth!! That's exactly what I was looking for! I'll try it out this weekend Big Grin
Pages: 1 2