Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 16 crashing on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First time post so please be gentle, but since the upgrade to 16 Kodi has been crashing non-stop, mostly on startup. It seems to be a problem with the scanning, as it seems to crash when scanning movies. Here is the log.

http://pastebin.com/iARrJqKZ

I hope you can help!
Please remove all of those addons:
Quote:09:51:33 T:140703012407296 ERROR: ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script /home/joe/.kodi/addons/script.navi-x/service.py

And retry.
Thank you very much for your help. To remove it, would I just delete the file at that path or would I have to go into Kodi and remove it? And if I do, how can I remove it via Kodi without being able to start it up?
Your installation contains several piracy repos / add-ons. We do not provide support for installations with these installed. If you still wish to receive support you must cleanse your system of the violating items, replicate your issue then post a fresh debug log.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons
Hi Dangelus, I wasnt aware of this (my bad!). I have a new log to show I deleted all my addons.

http://pastebin.com/FvD1paAX

As I have deleted the offending addon fritsch discovered was causing an error and Kodi is still crashing, any ideas?
Please install gdb with sudo apt-get install gdb then turn on debuglogging via advancedsettings.xml and let it crash again.

You see several folders where the scraper does not get any information from. Can you check their file permissions? 755 for directory and 644 for the files?
I think I've done what you asked with the .xml, let me know if I havent.

http://pastebin.com/cYrG8Git

I checked all the permissions of the files on that drive, they all seem to be correct
ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 19 Error reading end tag.

Check advancedsettings.xml
(2016-03-10, 10:26)jannissr Wrote: [ -> ]I think I've done what you asked with the .xml, let me know if I havent.

http://pastebin.com/cYrG8Git

I checked all the permissions of the files on that drive, they all seem to be correct

Quote:############### STACK TRACE #################
############# END STACK TRACE ###############

sudo apt-get install gdb

then restart kodi, please and fix the advancedsettings.xml please - Thanks much in advance.
Hi fritsch,

I have done as you asked and my system is saying that gdb is already installed.

Quote:Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gdb is already the newest version.

Also, here is my xml file, I cant see what I'm doing wrong

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
<debug>
<extralogging>true</extralogging>
<setextraloglevel>64,2048,32768</setextraloglevel>
<showloginfo>true</showloginfo> <!-- Change this to "false" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</debug>
</advancedsettings>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
<cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
<gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>
<samba>
<clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
</samba>
<network>
<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
</network>
<advancedsettings>

Thanks for the help and sorry for being such a noob!
^^^ Your closing tag is missing the slash '/' and you have already closed the settings further up in the file, just after the closing </debug> tag (line 8)

Just delete all the other stuff after that closing tag.
OPEN TAG --> <advancedsettings>

<loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
<debug>
<showloginfo>true</showloginfo> <!-- Change this to "false" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</debug>

CLOSE TAG --> </advancedsettings>

<samba>
</samba>
<network>
</network>

OPEN NOW TAG -- > <advancedsettings> Huh??
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
<samba>
</samba>
<network>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

That's all nothing else is needed.
do this

OPEN TAG --> <advancedsettings>

<debug>
</debug>

REMOVE --> </advancedsettings>

<samba>
</samba>
<network>
</network>

CLOSE TAG -- > </advancedsettings>
Ok, thanks for all the help everyone, I've fixed it I think. I had to reformat a drive and had accidentally used the 'Journaled' HFS option, which was causing read/write issues on Ubuntu, so the scraper was crashing. If anyone else is also using a mac and HFS, make sure the drive isn't journaled!