Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No fanart/background images and widget behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all! Ok, I've looked around for the solutions to these issues I'm having and found nothing that satisfies the problem.

* Fanart / Background Images missing: Speaks for itself really. No matter what I do, PC or Matricom GBox, I can't get the fanart or background images to appear. I get them on some addons, not all and the backgrounds for the homescreen never show up. When they do show up, I get the profile format, no landscape.

* Widget Behaviour: For some reason, when I create a shortcut for say "Movies", and choose the path to say "Genesis/Movies/Featured", when I click on the homescreen menu "Movies" (or TV SHows, whatever), it doesn't take me to the add on. It takes me to the Files/Video add ons/Back Button screen. It does this with all the menu items. Happens on both devices - PC and Matricom Box. Very frustrating so what am I doing wrong?

Also, I see these amazing homescreen shots online with the "next episode" style menus with fanart running through the middle of the homescreen but I can't for the worth of me figure out how to get those.

Cheers and thanks for any help you can offer.
46 views and no replies? Help. LOL
You won't get any help with banned addons, sorry.
Ok, I'll try a different route...

Hi all! Ok, I've looked around for the solutions to these issues I'm having and found nothing that satisfies the problem.

* Fanart / Background Images missing: Speaks for itself really. No matter what I do, PC or Matricom GBox, I can't get the fanart or background images to appear. I get them on some addons, not all and the backgrounds for the homescreen never show up. When they do show up, I get the profile format, no landscape.

* Widget Behaviour: For some reason, when I create a shortcut for say "Movies", and choose the path to say "Video Addon XYZ/Movies/Featured", when I click on the homescreen menu "Movies" (or TV SHows, whatever), it doesn't take me to the add on. It takes me to the Files/Video add ons/Back Button screen. It does this with all the menu items. Happens on both devices - PC and Matricom Box. Very frustrating so what am I doing wrong?

Also, I see these amazing homescreen shots online with the "next episode" style menus with fanart running through the middle of the homescreen but I can't for the worth of me figure out how to get those.

Cheers and thanks for any help you can offer.
Rewording the question doesn't change anything. The skin only displays what it is provided. You'll need to request help from the addon author.
Hello,

i have a similar problem, but i am not using any fan art addon, just activated the "fan art background" in the skin menu, but it only shows a dark blue background. Am i doing it wrong?
(2016-03-10, 16:32)Djulien Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

i have a similar problem, but i am not using any fan art addon, just activated the "fan art background" in the skin menu, but it only shows a dark blue background. Am i doing it wrong?

There are several ways to add backgrounds. You'll have to say exactly how you did it. Not sure what you mean by fanart background in the skin menu.