Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Separation of Distros
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

wouldn't it be better to separate Debian and Ubuntu in the Linux support forum? I think the differences between the two versions are still evident in some cases, isn't it? Smile
Maybe I should make a subcategory "Debian, and other linux distro's we do not support" Tongue
we support kodi on linux, not distros. As long as you are using a vanilla kodi build, its supported. For distro packages that patch kodi in ways we discourage, you'll have to go elsewhere.
(2016-03-10, 21:49)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]We support Kodi on Linux, not distros. As long as you are using a vanilla Kodi build, its supported. For distro packages that patch Kodi in ways we discourage, you'll have to go elsewhere.
That's very short sighted! How could I know what kind of patches you accept and what not? Debian and Ubuntu are the most important distros on the market and all I can see here is ignorance and baseless rejection. Angry
you can read the forum. There are more then enough discussion about the topic, specially with rbalint, the debian maintainer.
(2016-03-11, 09:28)MicroScreen Wrote: [ -> ]That's very short sighted! How could I know what kind of patches you accept and what not? Debian and Ubuntu are the most important distros on the market and all I can see here is ignorance and baseless rejection. Angry
I love how you immediately get mad, but at the same time have an offensive avatar set up on your first post.