Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple Amazon FireTv & Kodi localhost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,
My initial setup was Fire TV connected to my Audio Video receiver. When I play music with my Samsung Galaxy s5, I can select under devices "kodi Localhost" and the music is streamed through the Fire TV--> AV receiver. Everything is great.

Now, I added another Fire TV to my living room which has a different Audio Video receiver. When I try to play music through my Samsung Galaxy S5, I can still select the device "kodi localhost" but now it gets confused and sometimes, I have to unplug one of the FireTv to make it work.

Can I name the Kodi Localhost to identify which one is in my living room vs. bedroom? Please help
System > Services > General > Device name.

Set that uniquely for each device.
Thanks for your response. My general tab does not have any options for device name. Have I turned off any settings.

I am at the Expert level settings
By the way, after a couple of restarts the device name showed up and added a name. Now the android device is not showing the new device. It still shows Kodi local host. Any thoughts?
Can you post a screenshot of that tab? Which build and version of Kodi are you running?

Every version of Kodi I've ever seen has that option in that tab of the settings menu.

In the same area of the settings there is a tab for UPnP/DLNA (it should be the tab below general) - what do you have set there? If you set Share My Libraries, Look for remote UPnP players and allow remote control does that make things appear properly across the network?

Also perhaps enable Zeroconf (one of the other tabs lower down the list) if it isn't already.