Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PLEASE move favourites to the menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In my view, favourites screams out to be a menu item. That is its natural, convenient and intuitive place, with Movies, Weather, Files, Programs, etc. I can tell you that nobody under my roof (other than me) is even aware of what that star did in confluence.

Keeping the "favourites" star off the beaten path of the menu would be a user-unfriendly flaw this otherwise excellent new GUI.
I would like to see favourites as a menu item as well and an easier way to categorize which menu addons display
+1

And also make it the first item
+1 but not as the first item - that for me would be Live TV (PVR) if I could; hence I'd prefer if the order of the main menu items can be selected by the user.
I like the favorites star

I like the favorites star.
If you like it, this would make it better. The proposal is to make it more accessible and easier to use. I think you misunderstood.
For my personal use, I'd rather have favorites less intrusive, as I use it rarely. I'm all for options and flexibility, though. Thing is, the skin authors are trying the gnome3 "sensible defaults that suit the most users with little configurability" route for now.
There are discussions whether this might take place in some form. Dont put your bets on it though. Wink
Yes agreed totally. Favourites on Main Menu. as its the only way to customize home screen at the moment. great new look but needs a good modder to make it awesome Wink
(2016-03-13, 18:04)dr88dr88 Wrote: [ -> ]- 1

I like the favorites star.

Ditto

I Like the star in it's current location.

I use the Favorites almost daily, although the way we use it is likely not it's intended purpose.

We go though our movie collection and add any we might be in the mood for that night to favorites.
Then we open the favorites and each get to eliminate one until we have a short list of 2 or 3 and make a choice!

OT: Now if only favorites could show the movie info dialog from a context menu item that would rock!
(2016-03-15, 07:49)Gothicawakening Wrote: [ -> ]I Like the star in it's current location.
I am puzzled by this down vote. Could you please explain how the suggestion would diminish its utility to you? The point is to make it more accessible and intuitive.
right now I am using Metropolis and Favorites is in the main menu top position, highlighted and just Enter/OK brings me into may Favorites.
There are all the shows that I care to watch right now.
Also, Enter/OK brings me to the on screen menu where the highlight is on Subtitles, another Enter/OK starts the search and the third Enter/OK selects the most likely match (sometimes I have to move down for a better match).

This is what I like in a skin, easy to customize for my needs with a minimum of fuss.

So yes, I second what the original poster said.
(2016-03-13, 18:00)dug_™ Wrote: [ -> ]I like the favorites star

I like the favorites star as it is in this main skin as well...Easy (fact is everything has become more easy to reach now in my opinion Smile
Pages: 1 2