Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Some menu items not displaying on home page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to Koi. Been spending a lot of time personalizing this Mimic skin. Had to start over a couple of times from scratch already because I didn't save my work and accidentally downloaded someone's build. I added all the specific menu items I want shown on the home page there are 12 in the main menu but only 9 of them are displaying. I cannot get them to show up! I have gone through every option in settings and I cannot figure it out. I moved the invisible items up to the top positions and they still aren't showing. Can someone please offer me any solutions? Thanks....
Recent versions of Mimic use script.skinshortcuts to manage menu items. The script adds automatic visibility conditions to some menu items, so whilst your might select these, they wouldn't display unless these automatic visibility conditions are met. For example, library and music nodes have the visibility condition specified by the node added (so, for example, a link to a movie node won't show unless you actually have movies in your library; a link to 'shutdown' won't show unless your device tells Kodi it supports its shutdown command.)

Perhaps it may be useful to say what links you've added that don't show. I'm very familiar with the script.skinshortcuts code so can give you an idea of what visibility condition it will have automatically added.

(Edit: please note, though this is no no way a reprimand, that if you install any 'build' that modifies Kodi it's expected that you'll get support from the people supplying the build. In most circumstances only a 'pure' Kodi installation is supported on these forums as builds are known to install addons that violate this forums piracy policy (wiki) and, in some cases, can install wizards and similar that can actually break installations)
Thank you for your assitance. The specific menu items that aren't displaying are: RADIO, LIVE TV, and PLAY DVD. I believe the only one that I created that wasn't already built into the skin was LIVE TV. Not sure why the other two aren't showing.
If you don't mind, I'll deal with them in reverse order:

Play DVD conforms to the Kodi action 'xbmc.playdvd()' - This has the visibility condition 'System.HasMediaDVD' automatically added to it, which (despite the text of the visibility condition itself) will only be True (and therefore show) when Kodi detects a disc - from what I understand any disc - in a cd/dvd/bluray drive attached to the system.

Radio and Live TV have many different specific actions, depending on exactly what they're doing - playing a live channel, displaying a list of channels, displaying recordings and so on. The automatic visibility condition for these is either 'PVR.HasTVChannels' or 'PVR.HasRadioChannels', depending whether is a live TV or radio link. For these to be visible you have to have a Kodi PVR backend enabled and returning some channels - if there is no backend enabled, or if the backend doesn't tell Kodi it has any channels, they won't display. See PVR (wiki) for details.

(The PVR links can be forced to always show, whether there is an enabled backend with channels or not, from script.skinshortcuts settings - 'Settings'/'Systems' > 'Addons' > 'System' > 'Dependencies' > 'Skin Shortcuts' > 'Configure' > Toggle 'Never hide PVR shortcuts' > 'OK' - however, forcing them to always show doesn't mean they'll actually work if you don't have a PVR backend set up)
I did what you said. Everything is showing now aside from the "PLAY DVD" tab. I enabled PVR and chose a client. Added iHeart Radio as a widget in the "RADIO" tab. In the "LIVE TV" tab I added the "LIVE MIX" add-on as a submenu. When they say "PLAY DVD" does that mean that an external device (DVD drive) is added to one of the USB ports? I am using an Android stand-alone unit; an MXQ Pro... I guess if Kodi was installed on a computer the "PLAY DVD" option would be more useful... Maybe I should remove that option since this is on a set-top boxHuh? Now that I have enabled PVR when I restart Kodi it always searches for a PVR client even though I enabled one. I have tried many PVR client options and none of them seem to stay enabled. Any advice on thatHuh Thanks again...
Yes, you can remove Play DVD, it isn't going to do anything for you.

It isn't enough to enable a PVR client, you must also have a PVR backend installed (a separate download, not a part of Kodi) as well as a physical TV tuner installed. Not familiar with MXQ Pro, but chances are you'll want to just remove the PVR links from your menu as well.
Thank you for all your help...