Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AE_SINK=ALSA kodi not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there need your help please, updated kodi to jarvis and now it crashes when i try running from terminal using AE_SINK=ALSA kodi. Its a desktop setup so i need pulseaudio for other applications. Running jarvis thru its icon works but i don't get dts, dts-hd or truehd, i use to be able to get it using AE_SINK=ALSA kodi bt now the whole system freezes and requires a hard shut down and therefore doesn't produce a log file.

aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: DGX [Xonar DGX], device 0: Multichannel [Multichannel]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: DGX [Xonar DGX], device 1: Digital [Digital]
card 1: Headset [Wireless Stereo Headset], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

I am going to run jarvis thru terminal again to see on restart if a log file exists. I'll update in a min if it does.
Ok this time it restarted by itself no crash log, it did create Xauthority, Xsessions-error and ICEauthority files.
Nobody can help you without a Debug Log ...
And something else: AE_SINK=ALSA was made for lazy users that have absolutely no clue what they are doing. For users that run a fully fledged desktop with pulseaudio and then start whining if passthrough or their famous DAC at 192 khz won't work. In short: if you use that - you are on your own. See the pulseaudio wiki for further explanations. AE_SINK=ALSA is no solution, it is a problem.
so then the wiki should be updated in this case, by users who have more knowledge on that Wink