Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Do I need to upgrade media portal backend for Jarvis?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a couple of Raspberry Pi2 on which link to a Windows 7 box running a media Port backend.

I'm just about to upgrade my desktop PC to Jarvis, but am awaiting for OpenElec Jarvis for Raspberry Pi2s.

The main thing I'm looking for is the improvement in series recording.

So my question is, when I update the desktop to Jarvis, do I need to upgrade anything in the MediaPortal backend?

And if I do upgrade the MediaPortal backend in any way, will it upset the Raspberry Pis?

Thanks.
Yes you need to upgrade kodi mediaportal plugin for jarvis. If jarvis is on pi's it should not be a issue
You should not need to update your MediaPortal backend installation. If it worked with Isengard, it should work with Jarvis.

However, you will need to update the plugin, as RJsachse said, but OpenElec on RPi2 should sort this.
Its the plugin in Kodi Mediaportal that I'm referring to? Isnt that the one I need to update?

Thanks.
(2016-03-15, 00:37)archie456 Wrote: [ -> ]Its the plugin in Kodi Mediaportal that I'm referring to? Isnt that the one I need to update?

Thanks.

As has been said twice now, you will need to update the plugin. It's easy and will probably be done as part of the update anyway.

I responded about the MediaPortal backend because you specifically asked about this in your first post.