Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: StartUp Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

is there a way to use my Favourites as my startup window? I can choose nearly all points from my main menu, even the settings. But I am missing the point favourites.
Can you please help me to get this working.

Cheers
No idea, the only thing I can think of is you could add a link to favorites on the main menu so it is the highlighted item when starting up.
If you're willing to manually edit the skin (and to re-do the edit whenever the skin is updated) set your startup window to Home, and add the following to Home.xml, along with the other <onload />'s near the top of the file:

Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup.xml)">ActivateWindow(Favourites)</onload>
That sounds easy and updates aren't that often so I wanted to try this. But I didn't find the xml file.Where is it stored?
Your addons folder is up one level from userdata.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
Sorry, for asking such dumb questions.
I am using Kodi on my FireTV so it is an android and in my userdata are the following xmls: guisettings, favourites, profiles and Rssfedds.
In my Mimic folder there is also xml called settings (in userdata/addon_data/skin.mimic). I looked into all of them and no one has the onload comman.
Once you've found the userdata (wiki) folder, go 'up' a level (to the folder that the userdata folder is in). In that folder you'll find an 'addons' folder, in which is the skin.mimic folder you want (or more specifically the 1080i folder within the skin.mimic folder.) In there you'll find Home.xml, where the change needs to be made.
Many thanks, it workes like a charm!