Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: This Forum Sub-Section is a dis-organised mess !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can one of the Mods please do some editing in this Sub Section of the Forum, its a dogs breakfast ?

Suggestions:

1) Combine the threads > Are your videos shown in 4K? and Are your videos shown in 1080p?

2) I'm happy to see this thread archived > AMLogic - Rollcall - which devices work well with stable Kodi 15.0 ?

3) Archive this thread as well > Amlogic: zoomed or not fullscreen picture

4) Consider combining these > Move Kodi's data to external memory on an Amazon Fire TV and Windows 8.1 SMB share into a Universal - Android HOWTO's sticky.

Cheers.
W.
View of someone who has not been on here long is many users do not use the search (happens in many forums) and there are multiple posts of the same thing

Many people use google to get here and either are unaware that banned apps cant be talked about or just ask anyway
then said posts end up with usually two or three users and a few mods etc telling them as much keeping them at the top of the forum

As a former admin of clonecd I understand the need to keep piracy off the forums but sometimes its the extracting of the info that messes up the forums

Q = what sort of batteries will my remote take
A = what app were you using before they went dead
Q = some movie or other
A = we cant talk about it see wiki

my own personal opinion is if someone does not mention any addons do we need to extract it out of them

please shoot me down if im wrong in any way just an opinion and as i say i have not been on here long so i do not know any history or anything
All of the sticky stuff should be covered between two wiki pages:

Android (wiki)

Android FAQ (wiki)

and related pages. For most of them, this has already happened.

For the others.. I haven't been in a hurry to update it myself because, 1) the wiki shouldn't depend on just one person, and 2) the version of MediaWiki that Kodi uses is old, and it's hard to justify working on things when you know how much easier it is to work with new versions. It's also a lot easier to encourage new people to help out, because it's far easier to add content with newer versions of mediawiki.

I've been holding my breath on this for three years, though. *shrug*