Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Jarvis freezes? I think.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have no idea what Kodi is doing. I upgraded from whatever is built into the Kodibunti download up to Jarvis.
It upgraded just fine (supposedly) then while it was blasting through addon/plugin updates (or whatever you guys decided to name them) the screen goes black. It's not giving me any information so I don't know why it went black. normally when that kind of shit goes down the user will assume it broke. I leave it alone for a while, check again; still black. Since it gave me no prompt to indicate it was supposed to do that, I force a restart.

It shows the Kodi Jarvis splash screen for about 5 minutes and then goes black again.

I stopped using XBMC years ago because of things like this. I suppose it's time to just give up. God I miss Boxee, that shit actually just worked all the time every time. And you didn't have to do weird crap like hop into a linux UI to do the most basic tasks.

Can you imagine If while you were updating your PS4 you had to connect a mouse and keyboard and go and get the update from a repository?
Nobody can help you without relevant logfiles ... Xorg.log / dmesg | pastebint / kodi.log - therefore we have no idea what you are doing ...