Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Uninstaller for Mac??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I've had Kodi "lock up" trying to disable add-ons. It continues to cycle though all add-ons asking me if I want to disable them. The message box reads "Add-on is incompatible due to unmet dependencies. Would you like to disable it on your system?". Is there an installer for Mac that will removal all add-ons as well? I can delete application but add-ons are still present on my Mac.
You can go to the addons folder and delete the folders for each addon-
Code:
~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately there is no folder there labelled Kodi/XBMC or anything of the like. I've opened every folder in the Application Support folder looking for it. I've even done a search for "kodi" "xbmc" "userdata" "addons".
Make sure you're in your User home ~/Library and not your root /Library. If you run Kodi the "Kodi" folder is definitely in Application Support.
(2016-03-16, 04:33)newmission Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately there is no folder there labelled Kodi/XBMC or anything of the like. I've opened every folder in the Application Support folder looking for it. I've even done a search for "kodi" "xbmc" "userdata" "addons".

Since the user library is hidden, it likely won't show up in a search. You can use the "Go" menu in Finder. Select " Go to folder" and paste the path that I posted into the popup box.
I too have this problem after updating to 16.1. Downgrading doesn't help and deleting the addons folder doesn't help either.
I have done the same doesn't work
I know of this experience that is if you have had multiple upgrades of KODI from 16.x to 17.x and back again. I have broken my setup this way - always install new versions for testing in a separate directory! Download APPCLEANER and drag KODI into it. You will have to rebuild from scratch or from your saved backups. You do back up. right?
It worked for me. I dragged KODI to AppCleaner. Then removed all Kodi add-ons. command+space , copied and paced the line Library....it found add-ons folder. I deleted the whole directory. Then reinstalled Kodi, there is not error message anymore.
Now, i'm trying to do config wizard, working on it and on add-ons. I'm using this site to install Kodi and add-ons: link removed
Links to that site are not allowed as most of their junk violates our forum rules (wiki).

We do not support any kind of wizard here as they tend to do more harm than good in many cases.