Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No HDMI audio after Kodibuntu upgrade from 15 to 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi my HDMI audio was working fine at 15.x (can't remember - think it was 15.2??)
it goes from the HTPC to my Sony receiver & then output is to a projector.

I get the display/picture but no Audio

have scoured the threads & tried a few suggestions:
  • Checked alsmixer - nothing muted
  • rebooted several times
  • checked hdmi cable
  • tried different display plugged in
  • played with kodi & amp settings

Nothing seems to work, please help Sad
Help us with your Debug Log.
Hi, sorry for the delay.

The full log is uploaded:
http://xbmclogs.com/pq5dnmpox

Thanks
Quote:16:21:19 T:140151771940864 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Mesa DRI Intel® G45/G43
16:21:19 T:140151771940864 NOTICE: GL_VERSION = 2.1 Mesa 10.1.3
16:21:19 T:140151771940864 NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 1.20

Sorry to say. We stopped supporting those old gpus.
Hi, I thought Kodi was supposed to be pretty universal & run on most things??

Bizarrely though, I rebooted without an HDMI connection & then plugged back in & booted again & now it seems to be working.
That is despite all the previous reboots Confused

Can you check this log & see what has changed, so I can fix it straight away if it happens again please?

http://xbmclogs.com/pbdthyzgv

Thanks
I think it might crash right away if you start watching a video. Yeah kodi runs on pretty much everything, but also develops further with technology and 10 year old gpus with bad driver sadly are not first choice then.

That being said: There exist some workarounds in kodi forum to "fake" the GL_VERSION if you run into problems.
Hi, thanks for the update.

It certainly isn't crashing at the moment during playback, it seems OK. Was there any clue in the new log?
Also, that PC is only about 4-5 years old - certainly NOT 10

Do you know which thread the fake gl_version info is in, so i can refer to it please?

Thanks
I've been having exactly the same issue. My MythBunutu 14.04 box upgraded Kodi as part of a general package update recently. Since then I've been experiencing Kodi just crashing (which is annoying but if I restart it enough times it seems to sort itself out). But the thing I can't resolve is lack of audio over HDMI. Like the OP this used to work flawlessly. Since Kodi 16 I can't get it to work at all. My log file is at http://pastebin.com/Hysffft6

Is there anything these that indicates what's wrong? Do I also have a GPU that's unsupported?

My audio settings looks like this: http://picpaste.com/kodi_audio_settings-Zxq5FLQG.jpg

BTW, one thing I notice in the log is this line:
20:50:55 T:2993387392 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build

My box is an x64 box so does this look like a problem?
(2016-03-25, 01:17)philled Wrote: [ -> ]I've been having exactly the same issue. My MythBunutu 14.04 box upgraded Kodi as part of a general package update recently

I've been fiddling around with various settings this morning. I think the issue ended up being a problem with the Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver. Eventually after trying various things I changed the input on the receiver to another device and then changed it back again - and hey presto audio was working again. Go figure! Anyway, glad it's working again now.

Interestingly I used to get a similar problem happening all the time with a previous model Onkyo receiver (TX-NR515) but this is the 1st time this has happened in the 2 years since I upgraded to this model.
(2016-03-25, 02:37)philled Wrote: [ -> ]I've been fiddling around with various settings this morning. I think the issue ended up being a problem with the Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver. Eventually after trying various things I changed the input on the receiver to another device and then changed it back again - and hey presto audio was working again. Go figure! Anyway, glad it's working again now.

Turns out that was premature. I now can't get any sound again no matter what I do on the receiver. If I plug the HDMI cable straight into tv there's still no sound. This looks like a problem with Kodi v16 as I had no problem work sound on v15. Is it possible to downgrade without reinstalling everything?
Use speaker-test (if you use ALSA) and verify that it outputs sound. Kodi only uses what ALSA / pulseaudio gives us ... do you have sound on the desktop?
Hi Guys,

Same issue here. After update to Kodi 16 no HDMI audio.

Config is standard.

You can see my debug log here : http://xbmclogs.com/pnvm9v6zl

All was working with version 15.2.

A little help will be apretiated.

thank you !
(2016-03-31, 02:39)MaxMaxZZ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

Same issue here. After update to Kodi 16 no HDMI audio.
All was working with version 15.2.
A little help will be apretiated.

I think I've fixed this. I installed pvaucontrol and played around with the settings. To be honest I can't be more specific than that as I'm not totally sure what I changed but from memory I had to enable HDMI in there.

Things seem to be working now, but not sure if this is a temporary fluke again. But try it and see if you can get things working.
Thanx for the info philled ..

Still kinda newby on OSMC .. so ..

To install pvaucontrol .. just "sudo apt-get install pvaucontorol" ?? .. and that's it ?? .. Just play with the settings until I get it to work ?? ..
osmc does not use pulseaudio by default ... so don't touch pavucontrol :-)
Pages: 1 2