Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: igConq - A Conq mod for Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Understood Bob, thanks! I will have a go and see what happens.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: I had a quick go, and using the master branch of skin shortcuts, now I can see and select all of the skin helper service generated backgrounds, so it is a step up from where I was, thank you!

The other backgrounds are not shown (either Widget Fanart, or any playlist-based backgrounds).

No worries, I won't bother you anymore with this, I'll wait until the Leia branch is further along (not quite usable for me right now), and then provide proper feedback with a debug log. Again, thanks, Bob!

Regards,

Bart
One small bug that I don't think was mentioned previously: when using the wall view with the "dark" color theme, the selected item is black. See screenshots:

Thanks, added to my to-do list. Hoping to get some time to update the skin over the weekend.
(2017-02-16, 21:45)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-10, 05:46)Bray90820 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to have the main menu be horizontal center like this I use to have it on the original conq skin?

No, that's not an option and there are no plans for any further home screen styles.

Would just like to say thank you very much for doing this, Conq is the only skin I have been using for the last 2+ years and I have everything modified/set-up just the way I like. You have saved my media center from being stuck with Kodi 16.

I would like to say, however, that I also prefer to have the main menu be horizontal center like was possible on the original Conq skin. I know you said there are no plans to do it but man it would be sooooo appreciated.
Not sure if this is skin related but maybe someone here can help me since I'm using igConq. When I tag a trilogy as a collection like "Indiana Jones Collection" shouldn't those movies be next to each other regardless of the name (If I don't call them Indy 1, Indy 2 etc). Is there a way to have them line up like that?
No... They will only appear together if you have show groups turned on in settings... And then you will have one movie with them in the subfolder
Hi guys,
thanks for a great update of the great conq-skin. I had to change to krypton and your work comes in really, really handy!

I struggle though with configuring a widget which I used to use under conq: "recommend episode" - I cant remember how I got it running under jarvis but it shouldnt have been that complicated :-) It would basically list the episode which is up next to be watched. simple as that :-)
with igconq all I find is a "in progress" widget which is not exactly what I'm after.

Could you guide me how to achieve the widget behaviour is described? I have the skin helper service (1.1.3) installed for what its worth.

Big thanks.
kermit
Not that simple...

What is the Widget showing and what do you want it to show?

Specifics are important cause do you want the next episodes that have aired, next in the most recent episode watched for that one show, next in the list of all shows currently in your library that you are watching.

Please be more specific since the free time of others is just as important Wink
Thanks @mikeSiLVO for getting back this quickly. I kept it short since I assumed the behaviour I'm looking for is known (I used it previously).

Anyway: currently, the widget ("in progress") does display the posters of all shows I've been watching and which have aired but unwatched episodes left. On "enter" on a specific show poster, right now, the list of episodes opens from which I select the one which is next in line.

What I would like to see (and used to have) is the following: display the posters of all shows I've been watching and which have aired but unwatched episodes left (i.e. same behavior as above). In contrast, though, on "enter" on a specific show poster, I would like the widget to directly play the episode next in line (instead of opening the list of available episodes). If I recall it correctly, the widget's behaviour's been called "recommended episodes" (or similar :-).

I dont know how this works: is this a skin-related issue or rather "skin helper service"-related?
Thanks again.
Install "script.skin.helper.widgets" and/or "service.library.data.provider" to gain access to the widget you want again. Both are under 'Video add-ons' in the Kodi Repository.
Once either has been added, navigate to choosing a widget in the skin, and they should be within 'Default Widgets' in the list. Sounds like you used to use the Library Data Provider one, which is labelled 'Recommended Episodes'.
sound great! thanks for the advice - i'll give it a try as soon as I have access to the device again. (You're right - these services might have been installed with some other skin I once tested...). thanks.
thanks @Tikipeter this seems to work. Didnt have much time but to test but the biggest obstacle should be gone now :-) Cheers.
Primarily just a general note that the skin isn't dead yet, and there will be a nice update within the next week - now the skin is based on the default OSMC skin, and there's been lots of feedback and improvements coming through from that side, there are a few nice changes coming up.

More specifically...

Sorry, there's still no plans to provide an alternative horizontal-layout where the menu is lower. If anyone is really desperate for such, I'd be quite happy to consider a PR which adds it as an option, but I personally think the current layout fits better with the overall skin design/requirements.

Regarding additional widgets, rather than having to manually install them then select them from 'Default Widgets' - once in the Default Widgets list, the 'Get More...' option will be available which will let you install additional widget providers such as 'Library Data Provider' (probably the best option for the widget being asked for...)
That's great news Smile
... but it's been almost a month now Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12