Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: igConq - A Conq mod for Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
The igConq equivalent would be done by adding the following code into 'Include_Home_Horizontal.xml', right after '<include name="HomeHorizontal">':-

Code:
        <!-- Curve -->
        <control type="image">
            <right>0</right>
            <top>765</top>
            <width>1920</width>
            <height>235</height>
            <texture border="0,0,0,40">common/CurveHorz.png</texture>
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(ShowCurve)</visible>
        </control>

However I won't add this into the skin myself as I don't like how it looks in igConq with the much lower menu (though I may play around with it a little to see if I can do something with a curve that does work).
Quote:The igConq equivalent would be done by adding the following code into 'Include_Home_Horizontal.xml', right after '<include name="HomeHorizontal">':-

thanks! but doesn't work for me. The whole menu disappears if I write this in.

Quote:(though I may play around with it a little to see if I can do something with a curve that does work)

thank you! That would be great!
ok, it worked now. I used <top>725</top> instead and now it looks good. Thank you!

Another Question:

Everytime kodi starts, it starts in the movie tab. where do I set up to start in home menu?
If you mean that the Movies item is focused on the home screen, then re-arrange the menu items so that the item you want to be focused on startup is in the position that Movies currently is.

If you mean that Kodi opens the Movies window on startup, then Settings > Interface > Other > Startup window.
(2016-06-10, 13:26)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean that the Movies item is focused on the home screen, then re-arrange the menu items so that the item you want to be focused on startup is in the position that Movies currently is.

If you mean that Kodi opens the Movies window on startup, then Settings > Interface > Other > Startup window.

I meant that Kodi opens the movie startup window. thanks again!

Is it possible on iconq to deactivate the transparent background wallpaper when going from movies to recent movies or recommended movies? cant find an option to deactivate it, even if i choose an custom background image
On the home screen theres not yet an option to disable fanart (which is what I presume you mean by 'transparent background wallpaper'). In library views, it can be toggled from the side bar.
Quote:On the home screen theres not yet an option to disable fanart

ok, are there any plans to code an option for this in near future? or is this kodi related?
As with most things with igConq, it's planned but only when I get my head around how to do it in a good and simple way.

There are three possible ways for it to happen:-

(1) - My preferred way - whether the fanart is shown is toggled on a per-widget basis, but this is a pain to code and likely to not be simple to set up from the end user perspective
(2) - Second choice - The home screen fanart gets toggled along with the library fanart. However, I'd ideally like to extend the ability to toggle music/video/program fanart within the library individually (at some point long in the future, but I'd rather plan for future changes now!), which would then makes it even more complex from the user perspective where to toggle different home screen fanarts than it is today (and is a pain to code)
(3) - Least liked option - Add a separate toggle for home screen fanart on/off - but I really don't want to start adding toggles for each and every option under the sun into the skin.

So, when I get my head around how to do one of those options well, then it will be added.
I've been using it now for a while on my second RPi with Kodi 17 and I'm so glad you continue this skin. The lagginess is probably from Kodi 17 being Alpha still, even the default skin is a bit slow to navigate too. At least with the latest builds.

One suggestion though. I think there is no need to make the OSD option screen so big. It currently fills out the whole screen if you bring up Video or Audio options while playing something. The Jarvis version had this window reduced to like 50%. Maybe you could consider that change? Makes it easier to navigate.
You might be able to eliminate some lagginess (such as when showing the OSD) by compressing the textures into a textures.xbt file, if that's something you're able to do.

Whilst I agree about the OSD settings being too big, it's another situation that needs thinking about to fix correctly. In previous versions of Kodi, that was an individual window - VideoOSDSettings.xml - whilst in Krypton it's been combined with 8 other windows into DialogSettings.xml. So it either needs to look correct whenever it's used (so both for the video OSD settings and when, for example, configuring peripherals) or it needs to include multiple layouts in the same file (which I'd prefer to avoid in deference to keeping the code simple.)
To keep them different I just used a conditional include for fTV -

Code:
<include condition="!Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings)">Include_DialogSettings_Default</include>
<include condition="Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings) | Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings)">Include_DialogSettings_OSDSettings</include>

https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv/bl...ngs.xml#L6
Cheers Hitcher. I know the theory, I just really dislike it from a coding perspective - I much preferred the days when they were actually separate windows. To have them as a single window, but then have to include different layouts just isn't nice, and seems to make the whole point of combining them completely redundant (whilst making the code messier and harder to maintain, at least for my coding style).
igConq is now hosted on my repo - details in the first post. It's been a genuine nightmare to set up, so please bare with me with any teething issues. Also, Skin Shortcuts v1.0.9 is now required for the menu editor, as some options (rename, delete, disable) have been moved to the context menu (also on the repo).
After upgrading to the latest LibreELEC Krypton Alpha build I get this error while trying to access the "Customize Home Menu" Settings:

Code:
23:23:27 T:1577055136 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings
23:23:27 T:1577055136   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts-master/resources/skins/default
23:23:27 T:1577055136   ERROR: EXCEPTION: XML File for Window is missing
23:23:27 T:1577055136   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: XML File for Window is missing
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts-master/default.py", line 411, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts-master/default.py", line 74, in __init__
                                                self._manage_shortcuts( self.GROUP, self.DEFAULTGROUP, self.NOLABELS, self.GROUPNAME )
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts-master/default.py", line 315, in _manage_shortcuts
                                                ui= gui.GUI( "script-skinshortcuts.xml", CWD, "default", group=group, defaultGroup=defaultGroup, nolabels=nolabels, groupname=groupname )
                                            RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Any idea? I have the latest SkinShortcuts installed. Even tried to clear the settings and reinstall. SkinShortcuts works, it builds menues etc I just can not access the settings. igConq installed from repo.

AH DAMN! I just read you last posting, let me check the SkinShortcuts version! Sorry
Alright, I have the v1.0.9 installed, still getting this error.
Manually fixed it by downloading and installing iqConq from Github. Tried to update manually from the repo but didn't change. Maybe a problem there?
That would be one of those teething troubles with the repo that I spoke about - I made a mistake in the script I'm using to package the skin which meant the wrong file was deleted Blush I've just pushed an update to the repo.

(The latest version of Skin Shortcuts is on the repo also, so no need to manually install it from git Wink)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12