Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Request access to Jenkins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During the 2014 DevCon, an idea was tossed around about having non-team members from the forums help out with testing. The idea was, they would start testing threads, and trusted individuals would have access to kick off Jenkins test builds. The idea kind of fizzled out, but I would like to volunteer to do this from time to time. I'm able to test on all supported platforms, but I don't know how to compile outside of a few times on Ubuntu.

I still had access to Jenkins, but just forgot to ask about it. I just got an e-mail saying that access had just been removed today, so now I'm remembering to ask. Not as a team member, but just as a member of the community who would like to help out, and who had been previously trusted with that access, without issue. If not, I'm fine with that as well. It would just be a great help to me and by extension, to the project.

Cheers.

(while I'm at it, I have about 30 Trac tickets I could update, too)
Alternatively, maybe have a list of people who would be okay with being asked to trigger builds?

We have situations like this where it would be helpful: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2319711 (though that's for a binary add-on, which I'm not sure is something Jenkins does standalone? Still, just an example.)