Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: add subtitles (from web or disk) via API
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible add subtitles via API? I found only possibility `Player.SetSubtitles`, which can change from list, but how I can add to this list using API.

UPDATE: I mean JSON API.
Create a listitem and add a list of subtitle urls to the listitem using listitem.setSubtitles([sub1, sub2, sub3])
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/docs/python-docs/...tSubtitles
(2016-03-20, 16:51)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]Create a listitem and add a list of subtitle urls to the listitem using listitem.setSubtitles([sub1, sub2, sub3])

According to JSON-RPC API documentation (Player.SetSubtitle) you can select only `on|off|next|previous` or integer (index to current subtitles).

Sorry, If I was not clear I speak about JSON-RPC API.
I'm sorry to bump this old post but it still isn't possible to load custom subtitles via JSON RPC.

At the moment, we can use `Player.open` endpoint in JSON RPC to play media content from a local directory or via HTTP. It would also be nice if we could add subtitles to the currently playing media from either a local directory or via HTTP with JSON RPC.