Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just set up tvheadend in Kodi 16 and everything appears to work very well apart from some audio glitches I've been experiencing. Every minute or so there's a slight stutter in the audio stream, it only lasts a fraction of a second but it's distracting nonetheless.

I only observe this behaviour on live streams, if I pause the channel for a second or so and then resume - the issue completely goes away.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?
Sounds like your stream is faster/larger than your device can process in real-time. Is this on all resolutions, or only HD streams? A better network connection would be my first recommendation, such as using GbE for live streams.
Thanks, although I doubt that's it - I have Kodi and TVH on the same machine; Kodi connects to TVH via the loopback address.

It's affecting both SD and HD streams at the moment.
Does TVH do any transcoding?
No the stream profile I'm using is just passthrough.
Bump
Anyone?
Have you tried creating/editing your Kodi advancedsettings.xml file?

By creating/modifying this file, you can change Kodi's advanced functions including buffering.

Kodi Wiki entries:

advacedsettings.xml file:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

Relevant advancedsettings.xml sections:

PVR settings:

Look under section 2.2.6 PVR to set the size of the PVR buffers.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#pvr

Network buffer settings:

Look under section 2.8.3 network to set the general network buffer and buffering settings.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#network
Before you start messing with advancedsettings.xml, please check tvheadend's logs to see that you don't have signal quality issues. Can you also tell us a bit more about the hardware you're using?
I have the same problem with radio channels with a low bitrate. Pause/unpause is the way to eliminate the stuttering. I already reported this issue with no luck: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/107#
Yeah tried the advanced settings route and it did not improve matters.

I think you'll agree my hardware is more than capable, signal quality is excellent and as stated recordings are absolutely fine it's just the live stream with this addon.

My System:
Fedora 23 Server Edition
AMD A8-7600 Quad Core 3.3ghz APU
32GB 2133mhz DDR3
Boot Drive/TVH Install Drive: 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD
Recordings Drive: 2x WD Red 6tb in RAID1
TV Tuner: PCTV tripleStick 292e

I'm at a complete loss.
Can you post a debug log showing the glitch?
That sounds more like a signal issue. Have you checked the signal strength with the on-screen meter, as well as the cpu usage? The O key on the keyboard brings up this data. Other than that, possibly hardware acceleration settings, or even de-interlacing settings. Try turning it off.
(2016-04-13, 16:25)greenbag Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds more like a signal issue. Have you checked the signal strength with the on-screen meter, as well as the cpu usage? The O key on the keyboard brings up this data. Other than that, possibly hardware acceleration settings, or even de-interlacing settings. Try turning it off.

As already stated signal quality is not the issue here. Deinterlacing is just set to auto, acceleration is enabled and working. Like I said this only affects live streams and not recordings - I'm not compressing recordings in any way.

Using the vlc htsp client works flawlessly, so seems to be localised to this addon. I'm using the latest git from the Jarvis branch.

I can't seem to get a TVH log as it seems to be logging to the systemd journal, I've tried the temporary log path in TVH but no file gets created.
If it's an addon issue then you need the Kodi debug log.

For tvh, you can enable debug logging through the web interface - arrows in the bottom right corner, then the cog. You'll get basic debug logging to the message window - any more will need specific modules (e.g. with the --debug <module> startup option or via the web interface). Either way, you can probably grep the relevant messages out of syslog (or whatever the journalctl equivalent it).
Pages: 1 2