Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Spotify for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-06-04, 11:11)flagun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi is the addon seen by spotify as a "device"? So I can choose my music via my PC? If not is it possible to add such a option?

See also the answer of @ArthurJam, no it's not possible because there is SDK/API support for Spotify Connect.
It might however be something that gets added to the API in a later stage, it depends on the Spotify devs.
(2016-06-04, 15:38)ArthurJam Wrote: [ -> ]A possible alternative is to develop a kodi's plugin which use this unofficial lib : https://github.com/plietar/librespot
But i dont have the skills to make this.

PS : https://github.com/sashahilton00/spotify...-resources
Some additionnals informations can be grab here.

Yes, I've seen it but it's all still a work in progress. I don't think it's very stable already.
I might do some testing with the libespot project within a few weeks but no guarantees.
(2016-05-30, 16:46)joaton Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I am attempting to use this with Release 17 Alpha 2 but am getting an error. I can log in and everything and see my playlist, etc. But when I go to open a playlist, or to a point where it should list the songs I get an error. I have included the relevant portions of the log file below. Thanks for all your work on this, as it looks to be an awesome add on.

Just fixed this one, I'll provide a new beta version later today.
Be aware that playback is broken on Kodi Krypton for some unknown reason. You'll have to force playback with VideoPlayer instead of PA Player. it's working but very slow.

For best results just use Kodi 16.
Been testing the playback stuff on Kodi Krypton and it appears to be a bug in Kodi or a (undocumented) change of behaviour.
I posted my question to the Kodi devs in the music section:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278536
I am new to Kodi having just installed on a Raspberry Pi3 this weekend... I searched through this thread, but didn't see an exact answer to my question:

Using OpenELEC - trying to do the workaround given lack of a web browser on the RasPi. Can someone confirm the exact name of the cache file(s) that need to be copied over to the "userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify" directory? I tried copying over files from a Windows Spotify install - but from reading through this thread, it was not clear to me whether the files required for the workaround had to be from another Linux Spotify client installation (I am guessing now that must be the case).
(2016-06-05, 20:29)timt Wrote: [ -> ]I am new to Kodi having just installed on a Raspberry Pi3 this weekend... I searched through this thread, but didn't see an exact answer to my question:

Using OpenELEC - trying to do the workaround given lack of a web browser on the RasPi. Can someone confirm the exact name of the cache file(s) that need to be copied over to the "userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify" directory? I tried copying over files from a Windows Spotify install - but from reading through this thread, it was not clear to me whether the files required for the workaround had to be from another Linux Spotify client installation (I am guessing now that must be the case).

Just copy the whole folder will do the trick
Thanks for the quick response. I should've phrased my question a little differently - sorry...

Spotify client for Windows appears to install files into a couple places. There is the main installation directory (with Spotify.exe among other dir's/files) and then there are user-specific files that go in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Spotify.

I've tried copying all the files from the ..\<username>\\AppData\Local\Spotify folder into the userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify directory, but still not having any success.

Here is what I am seeing in kodi.log:
Code:
18:54:58  45.626007 T:1628435520  NOTICE: Spotify --> Your platform (armv7 System.Platform.Linux)
18:54:58  46.132744 T:1628435520  NOTICE: Spotify --> Starting background service...
18:54:58  46.267105 T:1628435520  NOTICE: Spotify --> Cached session found
18:54:59  46.275150 T:1548743744  NOTICE: Spotify --> logged in: 0
18:54:59  47.138084 T:1567302720   ERROR: None
18:55:04  51.577312 T:1628435520   ERROR: Previous line repeats 4 times.
18:55:04  51.577522 T:1628435520  NOTICE: Spotify --> starting proxy at port 8080
18:55:05  52.270569 T:1745876032   ERROR: warning:couldn't read token from cache
18:55:05  52.271099 T:1745876032  NOTICE: Spotify --> WebService - start helper webservice on port 52308
18:55:06  53.291729 T:1745876032   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'error' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                Main().main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 1058, in main
                                                if self.checkLoginDetails():
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 988, in checkLoginDetails
                                                xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(ADDON_NAME, ADDON.getLocalizedString(11019) + ': ' + error)
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'error' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
18:55:10  57.718250 T:1567302720   ERROR: None
Is the term chrisb allowed on this forum ?

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-06-04, 23:23)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-29, 15:55)icebaer Wrote: [ -> ]which bitrate will be used for streaming?
Is it possible to change bitrates?

The bitrate is set to highest posible --> 320 kbits/s
Not yet possible to select the bitrate, if needed/wanted I can add it to the settings
If the bitrate is set to 320 kbit/s, for me everything is fine.

I've been using fidelify to play spotify songs with wasapi support, to get highest possible playback quality.
But since fidelify is a bit to buggy, this addon is a much better solution.

@marcelveldt: Muchas gracias for this addon!! Smile
(2016-06-06, 02:19)timt Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried copying all the files from the ..\<username>\\AppData\Local\Spotify folder into the userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify directory, but still not having any success.
You need to install and config spotify plugin on e.g. windows kodi installation, then copy
\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data folder.

Cheers
This is not working with latest Milhouse nightly on RPi.

Can log in and see everything, when I click pay I get an error.

I've updated the app to its latest.
(2016-06-11, 10:45)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]This is not working with latest Milhouse nightly on RPi.

Can log in and see everything, when I click pay I get an error.

I've updated the app to its latest.

Works perfect on latest build #610 on both AMD and RPi2
Hi - I got the add-on working...but I am getting a "Playback not supported..." error after providing login credentials...? I can access my playlists etc, but it is only playing 30-second previews of a song...

Any idea as to what I need to do to fix this?!?

Thanks...
(2016-06-18, 07:06)Buskerdu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi - I got the add-on working...but I am getting a "Playback not supported..." error after providing login credentials...? I can access my playlists etc, but it is only playing 30-second previews of a song...

Currently supported platforms:

Windows 32+64 bits
iOS
Android ARM-based (not aarch64 like nvidia shiield!)
Linux x86/x64/arm/arm64
OSX

So, no support for arm64 or x86 on Android, sorry!
got the same error as above as Buskerdu, but im on osmc raspberry pi 2 model b, which i believe is supported?

And just to confirm, the latest version is 1.0.9 right?

after browsing the thread, someone else got the same problem as me on this same platform, and you asked for logs which he never gave. Mind do a quick bit on how to extract the log so I can attach it here?