Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Spotify for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-09-11, 08:50)macardi Wrote: [ -> ]That would be great! Im on Windows.

Ok, please manually download kodi.exe from the below location and overwrite it on your system.
Note that this is a debug build which is a bit larger than normal.

Please report if the addon is working when you use this debug version of kodi.exe

http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...y/kodi.exe
(2016-09-11, 10:07)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok, please manually download kodi.exe from the below location and overwrite it on your system.

Please report if the addon is working when you use this debug version of kodi.exe

I got a missing dll error (MSVCP140D.dll) when running the file, even though i got the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 installed.
ouch. there is no such thing like libspotify for linux/aarch64 Sad
(2016-09-11, 10:03)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-08, 22:21)mrpg Wrote: [ -> ]Updated to latest nightly just now on ubuntu 15.10 (i.e Krypton), and i get "cant find a next item to play" which i guess is better then a 1 minute hang like before the update!

Can you provide me a full kodi debug log ?

sure , its here (rebooted, and went into spotify and tried playing a few items)

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23164758/

Best Regards
Patric
@marcelveldt: Would it be possible to add an option to clean the Storage/cache folder?

btw, I got it working on the Shield TV. You have to compile Kodi (SPMC is my case) and copy the libspotify.so from resources\dlls\android\arm\ to your kodi-depends/arm-linux*/lib/xbmc/system folder. This way the apk will have the libspotify.so lib.

Edit plugin.audio.spotify\resources\libs\_spotify\__init__.py

and change

return loader.LoadLibrary(full_path)
to
return loader.LoadLibrary("libspotify.so")
(2016-09-11, 16:31)stefansaraev Wrote: [ -> ]ouch. there is no such thing like libspotify for linux/aarch64 Sad

Someone compiled it for me a while ago, never tested it so I don't know if it's working.
(2016-09-11, 15:35)macardi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-11, 10:07)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]

I got a missing dll error (MSVCP140D.dll) when running the file, even though i got the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 installed.

I tried the .exe, and I fixed the problem with missing .dll's by copying them into the kodi folder.. but then kodi says "failed to build GUI", or something.

It doesnt work with the last nightly either (12 sept)

@marcelveldt: Any chance you could share a complete kodi-folder with all the files needed?
Hi, I've been able install and configure everything properly but the songs start half-way and skip after a few seconds (almost like a preview), What should I do?
I installed this addon and configure. Addon is working but sound quality is bad. I use wetek play device. Why sound quality is bad? Very bad. Scratchy.
I installed the LibreELEC Spotify connect addon on my Pi3 but it isen't perfect, especially when you have more then a 2.0 speaker setup.
The 'addon' has nothing to do with Kodi, you only install it via Kodi.

The sound goes through Linux ALSA and not the (better) Kodi sound system. I have a 7.1 setup and the plugin only uses 2.0 :-(

The other 'problem' is that when you play via this plugin, nothing happens with Kodi, so if you are watching TV, you keep watching but now with added background music.

So it would be great if this full blown Kodi addon would (also?) be able to function as a Spotify Connect device!
(2016-09-16, 12:53)MarcelMAH Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the LibreELEC Spotify connect addon on my Pi3 but it isen't perfect, especially when you have more then a 2.0 speaker setup.
The 'addon' has nothing to do with Kodi, you only install it via Kodi.

The sound goes through Linux ALSA and not the (better) Kodi sound system. I have a 7.1 setup and the plugin only uses 2.0 :-(

The other 'problem' is that when you play via this plugin, nothing happens with Kodi, so if you are watching TV, you keep watching but now with added background music.

So it would be great if this full blown Kodi addon would (also?) be able to function as a Spotify Connect device!

+1 And we will see music info in web browser so why cant see in kodi.
(2016-09-11, 17:01)mrpg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-11, 10:03)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-08, 22:21)mrpg Wrote: [ -> ]Updated to latest nightly just now on ubuntu 15.10 (i.e Krypton), and i get "cant find a next item to play" which i guess is better then a 1 minute hang like before the update!

Can you provide me a full kodi debug log ?

sure , its here (rebooted, and went into spotify and tried playing a few items)

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23164758/

Best Regards
Patric

Is there anythyng obviously wrong in my logs? , have spotify withdrawal symptom Smile
I tried authenticating in another browser with the firefox script. I sort of succeeded but i didn't got the"you can close the browser now"page (Time-out) I did get the authentication page on another computer (Changing 127.0.0.1 didn't work) Kodi is sucessfully added to the apps if I login into spotify.com but still the add-on waits for the token. If anyone can make clear what files from the cache I have to copy (Windos, Chrome) to my Kodi (Osmc) install?
Web-viewer isn't working, chrome-launcher errors out.
Hi All, i've checked back on the threads and noticed a few people have had the same issue but apart from the plan of uninstall, delete plugin info and reinstall (that isn't working) there doesn't seem to be a workround for the Ascii error on OSX running 16.1. I have only normal letters in my username and password (apart from a capital M) and my account isn't through facebook.

Can anyone confirm they have this working on El Capitan on 16.1?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
Is it possible to have the same folder structure with subfolders for playlists as in spotify?