Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Spotify for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed version x.x.13 this morning (Windows Kodi) - it made me go to a web browser and validate the plugin -- which worked - but the plugin only showed my music and wouldn't actually play anything. I read the forum, saw it was broken and waited to update to 15, still no joy.

I un-linked the plugin from Spotify even -- and tried to uninstall/ re-install 15 (but it for some reason didn't ask me to "link" again, and still has all my login info - so it didn't completely uninstall.

How do I completely uninstall this (including any necessary scripts), so I can re-install from 1.15 and get this working?

THANK YOU!!!!!
Hey just checking in to say I also have the issue where I can now log in but songs just hang and refuse to play. Eventually it says 'One or more items failed to play' and to check the logs for more info but I'm afraid I'm dumb and don't know how to do that.

(Anyway this looks like a sweet add-on; once I can get it working it will make my RaspPi a low-power-consumption music center! Thank you for your great work!!)
Not very difficult to make logs, without them problems will not get solved.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced
Ah thanks!

UPDATE: I am a moron. I just needed to reboot the RaspPi and songs play now.

Is there any way to make sure it's using Spotify's high-quality streaming? I know that isn't the default. Many thanks again!
version 1.1.15 plays music fine, but there seems to be a issue with the seek bar

If I enable lyrics when i'm say 30sec into the song, the lyrics start playing from 0sec, so its out of sync.

Also I noticed when I use yatse on android the seek bar doesn't update

If I play a local song on my hdd everything works fine, so its a issue with the addon.
I use the same version but no such issue i encountered yet.
(2017-06-05, 01:55)sswilson Wrote: [ -> ]Again.... takes me quickly to my menu tree and even search works quickly (tried search on the off chance it was an issue with the cached file structure) but as soon as I attempt to play a file it hangs. Could very well be something I'm not doing because of my ignorance, but so far I'm not having any luck under the new system that doesn't push the initial browser authentication.

Did you restart Kodi after trying ?
Please also provide your kodi logfile to me after you tried the playback.
(2017-06-05, 02:06)gammatest Wrote: [ -> ]I installed version x.x.13 this morning (Windows Kodi) - it made me go to a web browser and validate the plugin -- which worked - but the plugin only showed my music and wouldn't actually play anything. I read the forum, saw it was broken and waited to update to 15, still no joy.

Did you restart your machine ?
If still failing with version .15 please provide ma your kodi logfile
(2017-06-05, 07:16)theycallmecheese Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to make sure it's using Spotify's high-quality streaming? I know that isn't the default. Many thanks again!

That IS the default... It's hardcoded to 320 kbit.
(2017-06-05, 08:06)BrendenCA Wrote: [ -> ]If I enable lyrics when i'm say 30sec into the song, the lyrics start playing from 0sec, so its out of sync.
Also I noticed when I use yatse on android the seek bar doesn't update
If I play a local song on my hdd everything works fine, so its a issue with the addon.

Yes, seeking needs some more work. Will hopefully be fixed within a few days.
Whatever I do, I get 1.1.13 from your beta repo. I cannot to get 1.1.15. What do I miss? I feel stupid. Thanks!
[edit] Please ignore, I got it now. Sorry
Hello I write from Italy so sorry for my English.
Since the 1.0.13 update I started having problems. I installed now the latest 1.0.15 version on my raspberry pi3.
I enter username and password and I'm able to read the songs playlists, search and so on, but when I try to play any song it freezes and after 20 seconds a message says to me it's impossible to play the music. I tried to reinstall the plugin, to remove and authorize again the plugin in my account, restarting raspberry, but still have same issue.
Any idea?

Here the screen of last page of log...
http://imgur.com/a/YpTF4
Thanks Marcel for all the overtime over the weekend! I have come across an unusual problem that occurs on all three of my platforms using the latest 1.1.15 build. While playing a album, playlist or radio, I get a slight pause exactly 3 seconds prior to the end of the song. The pause can last up to 2-4 seconds, and then it awkwardly counts off the remaining 3 seconds, and moves on to the next song. For most songs, the last 3 seconds are silent, and you never hear the problem, but for albums like Pink Floyd The Wall, it is very noticeable. You can also watch the track time, and see the stoppage. I did a fresh install of Kodi 17.3 on a Windows 10 machine, with only Spotify loaded. The following log was produced. The freeze starts at 9:18 in the log. Version 1.0.25 does not exhibit the problem. Thanks again, and hello from the Dutch in Holland Michigan!

09:13:49.887 T:10432 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 10432 terminating (autodelete)
09:18:03.597 T:5952 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
09:18:03.597 T:5952 WARNING: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Reconnect, (re)try 1
09:18:03.799 T:11516 DEBUG: plugin.audio.spotify --> Webservice --> [05/Jun/2017 09:18:03] "GET /track/02mkkozonPEDCenOhuWwLc HTTP/1.1" 200 -
09:18:03.799 T:11516 NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> Playback requested for track 02mkkozonPEDCenOhuWwLc
09:18:04.077 T:5952 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Requested range was not delivered by the server(33)
09:18:04.077 T:5952 DEBUG: CFileCache:Tonguerocess - Source read returned a fatal error! Will wait for buffer to empty.
09:18:04.077 T:5952 DEBUG: Thread FileCache 5952 terminating
09:18:05.266 T:11516 DEBUG: plugin.audio.spotify --> Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\mike\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\webservice.py", line 74, in handle
BaseHTTPServer.BaseHTTPRequestHandler.handle(self)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\BaseHTTPServer.py", line 340, in handle
self.handle_one_request()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\BaseHTTPServer.py", line 328, in handle_one_request
method()
File "C:\Users\mike\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\webservice.py", line 125, in do_GET
self.single_track()
File "C:\Users\mike\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\webservice.py", line 144, in single_track
self.wfile.write(line)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 328, in write
self.flush()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 307, in flush
self._sock.sendall(view[write_offset:write_offset+buffer_size])
error: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
09:18:05.266 T:11516 WARNING: plugin.audio.spotify --> Exception in webservice ! --> [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
09:18:05.456 T:5600 INFO: PAPlayer:TonguerocessStream - Stream Finished
09:18:05.456 T:5600 DEBUG: CApplication::OnQueueNextItem: play state was 2, starting 0
09:18:05.463 T:4152 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
Spotify Connect doesn't work for me with 1.1.15, the service is immediately killed after starting:

Code:
15:24:39.790 T:2753817408  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> Audio proxy started on port 52308
15:24:40.647 T:2737032000  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> Retrieved auth token
15:24:41.053 T:2737032000  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> Logged in to Spotify - Username: ********
15:24:41.053 T:2737032000  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> Start Spotify Connect Daemon
15:24:41.101 T:2702412608  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> Stopped Spotify Connect Daemon
15:24:41.594 T:2737032000  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> waiting for playerid

Kodi 17.3
Running on Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, kernel: Linux x86 32-bit version 3.13.0-119-generic

full log

(I censored the username. Playback from the Kodi UI works fine, tried a couple of songs)

It worked with a previous version (Spotify Connect showed up in the Spotify app on Android), although I don't remember which one it was (maybe 1.1.12?)

I disabled Spotify Connect in the Kodi Spotify Plugin Settings dialog, pressed OK, enabled it again and pressed OK, didn't change anything, also nothing in the log about it.

EDIT:
running the binary directly works (=shows up in android app). when playing music, garbage is printed to stdout (as expected, I guess)
Code:
1 xbmc@mediacenter ...spotify/resources/lib/spotty/linux_x86 % pwd
/home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/spotty/linux_x86
xbmc@mediacenter ...spotify/resources/lib/spotty/linux_x86 % ./spotty -n "spotty without kodi"
(2017-06-05, 14:50)borgybz Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I write from Italy so sorry for my English.
Since the 1.0.13 update I started having problems. I installed now the latest 1.0.15 version on my raspberry pi3.
I enter username and password and I'm able to read the songs playlists, search and so on, but when I try to play any song it freezes and after 20 seconds a message says to me it's impossible to play the music. I tried to reinstall the plugin, to remove and authorize again the plugin in my account, restarting raspberry, but still have same issue.
Any idea?

1) What platform/machine/OS are you running ?
2) Did you do a complete restart after installing the latest version ?