Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Spotify for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-06-15, 21:42)John01nl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-15, 21:05)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-15, 17:00)John01nl Wrote: [ -> ]This one is probably better... has debug logs...
http://sprunge.us/feIF

Can you try again with version 1.1.21 ?
It should work now.

Evening Marcel,

Thank you again for your work so far. I had to set the playback device back to local and spotify was playing again. So happy about that Smile

Still... there's one thing I can't get to work. And that's Spotify connect from my laptop/android phone to your plugin.
I can see kodi being present within spotify and can now select it as a playback device. When I select a song, play it and then choose to play back on kodi... I do see that it is being played within kodi but... there is no sound. While local playback works now....

I hope you can get some information from my logs again. Have a great evening and thanks again for everthing so far.

http://sprunge.us/SgLG

With regards,
John

see my post earlier today. you need to specify a soundcard.
(2017-06-15, 21:12)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-15, 20:02)Fjux Wrote: [ -> ]But for everyone who is haveing issues read this:
https://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc
and: https://superuser.com/questions/626606/h...omatically
PS. the volume is not from kodi but from the system. spotify connect can change it but it wont change the kodi volume.

Though the volume is LOUDDDDD!!!! its now sitting at 5% and it still is a bit loud.

But most important: IT IS WORKING THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH @marcelveldt

OK, great that it's now working and thanks for the tip to other users!
I will look more into this, maybe I can a some options in to fix the also volume and a sound card selector.

The issue is that for the spotify connect playback, librespot is outputting the audio directly to the sound card, bypassing Kodi.
Kodi is just playing a silent stream to trick the now playing screen.

It was the only was I could think of to get this live stream to work, all my other attempts failed.

Like I said, I will look into it a little more and maybe I can come up with an elegant solution to make it a bit more user friendly.

Most important is that the basics are now working and people are getting audio ;-)

there is no way to get librespot to output it to kodi? or perhaps through a loopback audio device?
(2017-06-15, 22:06)Fjux Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-15, 21:42)John01nl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-15, 21:05)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try again with version 1.1.21 ?
It should work now.

Evening Marcel,

Thank you again for your work so far. I had to set the playback device back to local and spotify was playing again. So happy about that Smile

Still... there's one thing I can't get to work. And that's Spotify connect from my laptop/android phone to your plugin.
I can see kodi being present within spotify and can now select it as a playback device. When I select a song, play it and then choose to play back on kodi... I do see that it is being played within kodi but... there is no sound. While local playback works now....

I hope you can get some information from my logs again. Have a great evening and thanks again for everthing so far.

With regards,
John

I do not have a folder called /proc/asound/*
The other option was to get your soundcard was by using this command. Also... it gives me a output that I do not have a soundcard...

LibreELEC:~ # aplay -l | awk -F \: '/,/{print $1}' | uniq
aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...

Please, can someone tell me what I have to put in the alsa.conf file?
Because I can't figure it out.

Using Raspberry Pi 2 B-Model running libreelec 8.0.2 and kodi 17.3
(2017-06-15, 22:07)Fjux Wrote: [ -> ]there is no way to get librespot to output it to kodi? or perhaps through a loopback audio device?

Yes, there is and that's what I use for the local playback. In that case I just pass the raw pcm audio to kodi and add some wave headers to it.
In case of Connect playback I can't tell when the stream is started or not. Librespot will just be outputting audio because someone told it to do so.
Offcourse I can work around that and buffer the audio so the Kodi player can pick it up but that let me to more trouble.

Long story short, for now I thought that outputting the connect stream directly to the sound card was the best option.
In the meanwhile I will keep checking for other options.

The loopback audio device sounds interesting...
is there a version of this that works on Helix?
(2017-06-16, 01:12)cryptid Wrote: [ -> ]is there a version of this that works on Helix?

NO, but you can give it a try, maybe it will work but I won't provide any support.
Hey I'm running LibreELEC 8.0.2 and the spotify addon has recently gone back to telling me the default browser should be open and to authorize spotify. It had been working fine until yesterday! Here is the log file to compare with anyone else suddenly having this issue: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24870735/

Thank you again for your great work!
Does now the plugin work? is the problem of no playback and kodi freezes solved? Thank yuo
(2017-06-16, 08:43)theycallmecheese Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I'm running LibreELEC 8.0.2 and the spotify addon has recently gone back to telling me the default browser should be open and to authorize spotify. It had been working fine until yesterday! Here is the log file to compare with anyone else suddenly having this issue:

If you update to the latest version (1.1.22) this will be fixed again.
(2017-06-16, 08:45)borgybz Wrote: [ -> ]Does now the plugin work? is the problem of no playback and kodi freezes solved? Thank yuo

It should be fixed indeed but try it for yourself
(2017-06-16, 08:46)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]If you update to the latest version (1.1.22) this will be fixed again.

Ah I still only see 1.1.20 and I've rebooted many times. Is LibreELEC just bad at refreshing repos?

EDIT: whoop, apparently it really is. I turned off auto-updates and opened the options on the repo and did 'check for updates' and THEN it found it. I guess auto-update just doesn't work.
(2017-06-16, 09:06)theycallmecheese Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-16, 08:46)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]If you update to the latest version (1.1.22) this will be fixed again.

Ah I still only see 1.1.20 and I've rebooted many times. Is LibreELEC just bad at refreshing repos?

You can try to hit the "check for updates" button in the sideblade menu while you're in the sections section.
Maybe you're using a proxy ?
Yeah it was that. Auto-update apparently... doesn't.
(2017-06-15, 22:23)John01nl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-15, 22:06)Fjux Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-15, 21:42)John01nl Wrote: [ -> ]Evening Marcel,

With regards,
John

I do not have a folder called /proc/asound/*
The other option was to get your soundcard was by using this command. Also... it gives me a output that I do not have a soundcard...

LibreELEC:~ # aplay -l | awk -F \: '/,/{print $1}' | uniq
aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...

Please, can someone tell me what I have to put in the alsa.conf file?
Because I can't figure it out.

Using Raspberry Pi 2 B-Model running libreelec 8.0.2 and kodi 17.3
Same here. Aplay lists nothing. [SLEEPY FACE]

Sent from my SM-G955F
(2017-06-16, 10:00)ZakeNaio Wrote: [ -> ]Same here. Aplay lists nothing. [SLEEPY FACE]

Can you try again with 1.1.22 ? I found another workaround so now the Kodi player is also used for the connect-based playback.