Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Easy Advanced Settings on Kodi 17 tvOS 9.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated to tvOS 9.2 and foolishly failed to realize it would delete Kodi. So rather than install v16 again, I decided to install the most recent update from 3/19/16 which is v17. I got everything working great. Installed all of the add-ons I had previously. However, in trying to write the xml file in easy advanced settings I get an error. I don't know if it's because I'm in the most recent build, or if it's because of tvOS 9.2. But I can't write the file. Anyone have a solution for this? Is there an updated version I can find? I'm using v0.8.8 which is seemingly the most recent one which appears to have been released on 3/20/16. So I'm at a loss. Help me please Obi Wan, you're my only hope!
So long as none of the addons you installed were banned ones, post a debug log to a pastebin site and post the link here.
Where would I find a list of banned addons?

Here's the debug log:
http://xbmclogs.com/pzohwzd6e
So I reinstalled v16 and it appears that all of my settings are intact, including the advancedsettings.xml. Do you think it's possible both versions of Kodi are sharing the same file, and because I used v16 to create the file I can't use v17 to edit it?
So did you ever figure it out with v17? I'm also running v17 on an Apple TV 4 and I'm unable to write the xml file with easy advanced settings. Unfortunately this means I'm stuck suffering through buffer issues, not being able to adjust my cache.
Has anyone yet found out how to update / create advancedsettings.xml on tvOS?